Monday, January 16

Woo-Hoo! Ride 'em, Cowboy!

Well, now, this is more like it! Contractions are coming about every five minutes, and lasting 50-55 seconds each. This is the bronc I was hopin' to draw. This is what it should be like! Yeah, buddy!

This evening we showered, and I rolled my hair (hey, I had to have something to do, okay?) We ate supper and hung out, talked with the boys. John is a little disappointed that there is no sister today, but optimistic that she'll come tomorrow. Both of the older boys asked us to wake them if she's coming while they're asleep. They'd like to be awake and ready to go when she arrives.

I tried to lay down and get some sleep, but that's when the phone rang and the boys came unhinged, and... well, you know how that goes. Ah, well, I kept my eyes shut and only spoke when spoken to. Feels good, and I'm feeling rested beyond belief, but I'm crawling back in bed just to be on the safe side.

Also, I've changed the commenting feature, and will see how this goes. Anyone can comment - it'll still require that horrible word verification, but no longer requires you to have a blog in order to post. Comments won't appear immediately, though, as they'll go through comment moderation. SO, play nice - and please remember to sign your name. Unless there's a name, or I happen to recognize your style of writing, it may not make it through moderation. Not trying to be grouchy, but just don't have the energy for much moderating.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

15 comments:

L said...

You are too much, Dy!

I sent you an email, nothing I could share here :)

January 16 seems like a great day for a birthday, doesn't it? C'mon, Emily!

Jules said...

I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away! I just posted a couple of hours ago and here I am again- checking in.

I am glad to hear things seem to be picking up. The 17th is a good birthday to have- my nephew will be one year old tomorrow. (provided she doesn't change her mind and decide to come quickly- although it would be her prerogative to do so!)

Here's to an easy and peaceful night!

Jules said...

Sorry! Was I supposed to sign my name? This post and one before are courtesy of Jules.

Janet said...

Yipee! :-)

I've been checking in all day long!

I love this stage. The LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED stage.

Praying for you Dy. Hugs.

Janet

Heidi said...

Best wishes.

While you take photos of your new arrival, try to get photos of the Forever House in the background. Those November pics never made it on screen.

It sounds like you're having a home birth. Have you home-birthed before?

Am I keeping you mind occupied with these silly inquiries? I labored with my second (Ganoush) at Chuck E. Cheese's while my firstborn (Gonzo) enjoyed his last day as an only child.

pilgrimama said...

Wow,blogging in labor! That's goood!Reading in labor? Awesome! Marcella

Staci Eastin said...

You think having a baby is an excuse not to do a lot of moderating? What?

Just kidding.

Hope Emily has a wonderful birthday, whatever day it turns out to be.

Staci

Sheila said...

Ok, here's my wish: a nice peaceful night's sleep and start the big stuff after breakfast with a baby just before lunch. That's sounds like a nice plan.

We should start a betting pool. The winner has to make baby Emily a new blanket. ;)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! DY!! I am just so excited for you. I just can't wait to hear that little Emily arrived. Thanks for letting us be a little part of all of this. I was thinking about you all evening and telling my friend about you. I keep thinking "She could be holding her in her arms RIGHT NOW!" So exciting. Sending hugs and happy thoughts.

Laura aka Linkobutfrus

Cheryl said...

I cannot believe you post while in labor! You're amazing!

Go Dy, Go!

Emily said...

Yee-Haw!!
Good luck to you and little Emily! I am sure you are both doing wonderfully.

~Cheers,
Em

Di said...

Just checking in before I go to bed...I am praying for you all, Dy. Oh, it will be so exciting to check in in the morning. Take care, Dy, and welcome baby Emily (-:

~Diane

J-Lynn said...

OK, is she here yet? Yes, I've become one of "those" people but I've had 5 kids, I'm allowed to ask. I get a free pass or something. LOL

It's almost 2am and I'm still awake and anxious. I've been praying and thinking about you guys.

Love you...

Jess

knitcroweave said...

Wishing you and Emely the best and safe delivery. Our prayers are with you all.
Phyllis<><
knitcroweave

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dy, for opening up your comments to everyone! I'm praying for a strong, healthy baby girl, and an easy birthing experience for you.

All our love and prayers,
Tommy and Judy Metts

BTW, I really like the name you chose for your little girl!!!