Thursday, January 12

A quiet virtual Friday night

Well, Zorak is still in the attic, and today was pretty quiet all the way around. I did, however, get tagged for a meme by Lynette, who is blogging now, and is a lot of fun to read. So, in honor of her new blogger status, here's the meme:

2 Things

2 names you go by:
1. Mama
2. Dy

2 parts of your heritage:
1) Irish
2) German
(This translates to: bad temper, great sense of humor, and I can hold my alcohol.)

2 things that scare you:
1. Roaches
2. Losing my family
(Not in that order.)

2 of your everyday essentials:
1) coffee
2) time spent just on the boys
(In that order - it just doesn't work well the other way around.)

2 things you are wearing right now:
1) sweats
2) wool socks
(It's winter. I'm pregnant. This is as creative as it gets, folks.)

2 favorite bands or musical artists:
1) Ian Tyson
2) Robert Earl Keene

2 things you want in a relationship (other than real love):
1) Intellectual challenge/growth
2) Laughter

2 truths:
1) I am horribly uncoordinated.
2) It is, evidently, not a recessive gene. (Apologies now to the boys in the years to come.)

2 physical things that appeal to you (in the opposite sex):
1) Great smile
2) Good, lean arms

2 of your favorite hobbies:
1) Reading
2) Politics

2 things you want really badly:
1) To get the news in May that the house really is ours. Forever.
2) To get back into a normal routine before then.

2 places you want to go on vacation:
1) On a reading vacation w/ DH when the boys are old enough to go to camp
2) The Rocky Mountains (I miss them.)

2 things you want to do before you die:
1) Finish my degree
2) Pick up study of an instrument again

2 ways that you are stereotypically a chick:
1) I love to sit with my legs bent under me - ok, I didn't know this is a chick thing, but it is SO true for me, so I'm stealing Lynette's.
2) I comfort eat.

2 things you are thinking about now:
1) Wondering if the attic has claimed my husband for all eternity.
2) Whether or not I need to pick up vinyl sheets for the birth or if we still have the last set...

2 stores you shop at:
1) Wal-Mart (duh!)
2) Sheplers

2 people I would like to see take this quiz:
1) I don't know who has taken it and who hasn't... how sad is that?
2) So, if you read here and you want to do it, either answer in the comments, or blog your answers, but leave me a note to let me know you did it. (Or, if you know me and want to do it, but don't have a blog, email me your answers and I'll put 'em here.)

And on that note, I am going to forage for junk food.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

H said...

What?!?! The house isn't really yours? How does that work? What about all of the work you've put into it? Can the company or the former owners just waltz in and claim it from you??

Dy said...

It was a foreclosure, and has what they call a "Right of Redemption", which means the previous owners have one year from their date of foreclosure to pay off their loan. The caveat being that they also have to pay for all the materials we've put into fixing it up - which is significant. It's certainly a risk, and we'd be pretty heartbroken if they did come back with the money, but we weighed the circumstances of the foreclosure and the condition of the home and what they'd have to pay to get it back and decided that it was a risk worth taking.

The closing attorney has been doing 10-20 like this a week for the past ten years and has seen three come back and repurchase the property. Our realtor has been doing this for decades and she has never had one come back.

So. It's scary to think of it happening, and we won't really breathe easy (or put in wood flooring!) until we have the all-clear. But for us, it was worth investing in.
Dy

Delaina said...

I didn't realize they would have a year to come back and reclaim the property. Wow! I think you and Zorak are right though. You've weighed the risks and given the condition of the house, I don't think you have anything to worry about either.

Praying for that all-clear to come before you know it.

How are you feeling, by the way?

Bob and Claire said...

Wow, I've never heard of that either. I would think it would be too big a chunk for them to pay as well, though. I'll pray to that end, anyhow! And my pregnant winter "uniform" is thick socks and sweats too--ahhh! So warm and comfortable!

Dy said...

Thanks, guys. :-)

Lynette, the boys are there for the whole thing, free to wander in and out. We talk, hang out, have a baby, watch movies. To them, it's just normal. The hardest part is convincing them that they can't (or rather, really don't want to) get in the pool w/ me. Last time, they set the egg timer for five minutes and said, "OK, Mom, when the timer dings, push him out!" Uh... yeah, I'll get right on that.
Dy

Donna Boucher said...

Dear Dy,
Thank you for the tender hearted comment you left on my blog this morning.

It was such a sweet thing to say.
((hugs))

Laney said...

I had no idea about the house thing. I believe that it will all work out, that house was meant to be.:-)

I did this one a few days ago. I'm a chick in a lot of ways, too. It'a alright, just as long as we stick together!