Tuesday, January 24

*Again* with the Deneuralyzer, and New Blogs

Whew, we all survived yesterday! Yay! I do think, however, that I'm going to see if Zorak can get one of those things through acquisitions at work. Sometimes it's nice to work for the Feds, don't ya think?

I know this is all about finding our groove. It does happen, and while it's not pretty, well, as my mother used to say, "Tough." Still, ugh. If we'd had another ER trip, I was going to a different hospital. That's all there was to it, know what I mean? Anyhow, I'm glad it's a fresh new day!

When I awoke this morning, the house was sheathed in a slivery glimmer. I couldn't see trees just 30' out from the house. It was beautiful. The glimmer is burning off now, and today looks like Laundry Day. Let's pray for a breeze, shall we?

Since it is a fresh new day, I thought I'd mention some new bloggers I've been reading and enjoying. Branching out a bit from the MommyBlog and the HomeschoolingMommyBlog style, we have a few ManBloggers who've begun posting - and I enjoy them thoroughly. There are also two homeschooled teens who have begun blogging, both of whom have given my future-weary spirit a boost. It's nice to see young women coming into the world with good heads on their shoulders, a fresh and honest perspective to the world, and some common sense. Check them out. I think they'll encourage you and make you smile.

First, there's Deliberate Wanderer. He's not a new blogger, by any means. He's probably been at it longer than I've known more than ctrl+alt+del. But he's funny, snarky, travels the North American continent making life better for the technologically impaired, and he shares his travels with us. He's also KathyJo's hubby, and their banter is priceless.

Then we have The Dude, at But seriously... Em's hubby (she's the one currently puking and begging for ice cream simultaneously over at Me and the Guys - major multitasking, there!) Father and techie extraordinaire. Don't trust the picture in the profile, though. He's not that furry. But he is funny. And he's a great dad, too!

Matt, husband to Amber at Rutabaga Dreams, also blogs at Vanderbrew. It's way over my head. I think, though, that the other computer guys might enjoy it. His title says, "Beer, Food, Code, Writing, Creativity, Life". There's a lot of code talk, and I mean that literally.


Farm Girl is the daughter of Jean in Wisc. (Of Shades of White fame) I've met this young lady, and she's the kind that makes you think, 'OK, I could really enjoy raising a daughter!' Articulate, enthusiastic, funny, and thoughtful. I haven't told Jean this yet, but we're sending Emily to Wisconsin for the Logic years. :-)

Going with the mother/daughter bloggers, we have another blogger at Hill of Beans. She's the daughter of our Theologian-in-Residence (and erstwhile biker chick) Kim at The Upward Call. Not only is Virginia a good writer, but she gives us a peek into the thinking process of a young woman standing at the door of adulthood, preparing to take the plunge. It doesn't look as scary as it did when I was in that doorway. Encouraging!

I've probably forgotten a few. It's been a weird week. But there's some good reading above, and that'll work for now. I am off to redirect, stay calm, prevent serious injuries, and try not to give myself a stroke. Can't have a stroke until James can drive me to the hospital. Simply can't.

Y'all have a glorious Tuesday, and kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I hope today goes smoothly for you! Have a good one,
LB

Melora said...

What fun -- some new blogs to try! Is "Roscoe" of Barefoot Meandering really the same person as "Ernest" at the Deliberate Wanderer? With all that travelling, and no mention of wife & kids (that I've seen so far, and I haven't been reading long), I pictured him as single. Also, Kathy Jo just described walking in on her dh while he was "brushing his teeth." Boy, everyone has an "alias" but me!
Take care, and have a lovely day!
Cordially,
Melora

pilgrimama said...

Dy,I wondered if yesterday would be one of those days that twist and turn and zigzag with a mind of their own and one's sleep deprived brain just struggles to keep up with half of it.Do you have a cassette player and story tapes for the boys? My boys are high energy critters but they do quiet for story tapes and then I steal a few winks of sleep.(give them a whole stack of tapes,maybe some children's song tapes too,maybe they'll fall asleep,wink:;)Marcella

Melora said...

Hi Dy,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. My mom and a couple other family members read it, but they don't want to sign in for Blogger accounts & so can't leave comments (although they actually write letters - with real ink and stamps and everything - to comment on items in my blog!).
A CB house is concrete block (normally covered in stucco). People in our area like the idea, mostly because they think concrete blocks will hold up better in hurricanes (ignoring the fact that most of our hurricane damage is from ripped off roofs). Our house is wood frame (and held up just fine in the hurricanes of the last couple years). I hope the virtual tour will help.
Cordially,
Melora
P.S. I don't know the etiquette of answering comments on my blog. Am I supposed to keep them in my own blog, or is it okay to answer on the blog of the person who commented? I am really enjoying this blogging thing, and would appreciate your advice on how these things are supposed to be done!

Dy said...

Thanks, guys. Today is better, so far. James is not thrilled with my new management techniques, but LOL, I didn't expect him to be. *grin* I, however, am saving my vocal chords for the day I can take singing lessons! La-la-la-laaaa!

Melora, I actually have no idea what the standard ettiquette is for answering comments. I *think* it's normal to leave them on your own blog. Or go to the other blog. Or send an email. (Uh, yeah, clear as mud, there, Dy.)

Ya know, after living in a concrete block house, there is no. way. I would voluntarily buy one. That's just cell after cell of cozy places for bugs to live in and things to nest in... and you won't ever know it until you drill a cable hole or try to repair wiring! ACK!

Marcella, we do have tape players. They're, um, in a box somewhere. But I do need to dig them out. Thanks for mentioning that.

LB, I think I found a way to get your birth story to post!! Call me when you have a little time, okay?

Dy

Laney said...

Oh, you poor thing! Another ER trip? They're going to give you one of those special passes that you get at Six Flags for preferred entrance!LOL

I love to read KathyJo's husbands blog! The two of them are like a comedy routine! :-)

Donna Boucher said...

You write such beautiful, descriptive sentences! Besides a grand ability to string words together...you have a heart of gold.

That is a fine combo!

Emily said...

I just told The Dude that he made your sidebar. He was so excited!! Now he feels great pressure. His quote, "UH-OH! Not sure I'm ready for prime time!!"

I am sure he will rise to the task.

Glad you guys are settling in. Let's hope for no more trips to the ER in your future.

~Em