Tuesday, January 3

Too Tired, Up Too Late

OK, it took me four tries to type the subject line. That in itself says a lot. Pre-emptive apologies for any typos I don't catch...

That said, the bathroom is tiled, grouted, and painted. It's beautiful. I feel good about the work accomplished. But we can't get the stoopid toilet flange back in now. Been working on it for two and a half hours. Zorak has to work tomorrow and really, deeply wanted the toilet back in before he leaves for work. I think I've finally convinced him that it's not going to happen tonight and that that's OKAY. His drive and determination are phenomenal, but they're going to be the death of me.

Must take Balto to the vet at eight-thirty in the morning. Funny. We don't get anywhere by eight-thirty in the morning. Not sure how that's going to work out.

Laundry room is ready to tie into the plumbing and put up the greenrock. Yeehaw! Once again, at another juncture of the project, I cannot express my joy and gratitude for the soon-to-be-completed phase of this part. I need to be able to wash clothes daily. I miss being able to change clothes daily. But the laundromat is not only expensive, but exhausting, and it takes time away from working on the house.

I tried three times in the past four days to get the wash done at the laundromat. Every time I've gone, the place has the air of a Mexican fiesta - jam-packed with Latino music, people, cousins (lots of cousins) -- food and kids everywhere. Not a single spare washer, and people gathered around them so thickly I can't tell if they're waiting on the current load or in line to use them next. I was telling LB that if I could have a margarita and do a little corrida, I'd be happy to stay, but lugging 90 pounds of wash (I'm not exaggerating - we weighed it in a fit of desperation where I contemplated using the drop-off service), out-to-here pregnant, with three small children in tow just wasn't conducive to the street faire tone. So, I bailed. I did pull out enough clothes for the boys to have clean skivvies and Zorak to appear at work relatively well-clad and dropped those off.

Today was an awesome day, but I'm too tired to do it justice. So, I'll have to blog about it tomorrow. Kiss those babies,
Dy

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your energy level in the midst of being in the later stages of pregnancy continues to amaze me!

I've been thinking about you.

Delaina said...

I'm just amazed at how much the two of you are accomplishing! And to be out to there pregnant, in the last tri-mester, and not to mention keeping 3 little guys busy and entertained while you get things accomplished. Amazing!

Y'all are pluggin' right along and it sounds like it's turning out to be that "Forever Home" you both desired for your family. I'm so glad that you're sharing the whole process with us.

Maybe I'll get to talk to you some time in the future.

Delaina

Emily said...

You guys really are awesome! Someday you will all look back on these days fondly. OK, maybe not the toilet thing (which I can so sympathize with) or the no clean clothes thing, but all of the other stuff ;). I can't believe how much you guys have done in such a short period of time!

Also, on an aside...no pressure or anything...but whenever you skip a day blogging I immediately think you are having the baby :)

~Em

CarolynM said...

You're in a house filled with testosterone, and those guys haven't convinced you yet that each pair of underwear is good for 4 days? -- frontwards, backwards, then inside-out for another frontwards/backwards rotation! My son has never actually done that (at least not to my knowledge), but he loves teasing me with it! You can always have them hose each other off fully clothed, then strip the "cleaned" clothing off and hang it on the bushes to dry. (So glad you can't reach me to slap me from there!)

Dy said...

ROFLMBO, Carolyn! That's hilarious! Somehow, I have ended up with three meticulously clean male offspring. I don't get it, but I am hoping it'll stick into the teen years. Right??

Em, I'll probably blog during labor. Not much else to do unless I'm eating (which, admittedly, I do a lot, lol).

Dee, you need to email me or lmk when is a good time to call. I've called twice over the last few months and left messages, but can't catch you at home. :-)

Kim, you wouldn't say that if you'd seen the look on my face last night while laying grout. That was sheer determination, not energy. I always hoped my stubborn nature would come in handy one day. Turns out it has! Yay!

Dy

Delaina said...

Dy,

Weird. My brother told me the same thing when I finally got in touch with him during Christmas. For some reason we're not receiving all of our messages. I'll have to look into that. And here I thought you just didn't care to talk to me ;-). I'm so relieved to know that's not so.

When my hard drive crashed, I lost a lot of my information. I'll leave my e-mail address here with you because I can't seem to find yours in the only account that has contact information and my memory doesn't serve me well enough to remember it.

hsingmommyto3@bellsouth.net

"Sheer determination", yeah...I can imagine that's what it would have to be at this point. I know you must be exhausted with so much going on. I'm praying for continued strength, and...um, determination!

Oh, I'm usually home during the day M, T, F, and Sat. David comes home about 3 and then I'm winding down our evening by 8:30 or 9. I don't know when it's convenient for you but if I'm here and you call, I'll definitely answer.

Dee