Thursday, January 26

That was a *long* half hour! ;-)

So how many of us discovered this morning just how addicted to our favorite blogs we really are?? Hmmm? 'Fess up! I don't know what was worse - not being able to blog, or not being able to leave comments on my favorite blogs.

*whew* I'm glad that's over!

So, as I was saying this morning at 2:30, when I discovered the Blogger Outage... Zorak worried about me making the drive last night, so the dear man did it for me. I had supper on the table, we said grace, inhaled our food and then James, Smidge and Zorak headed north for Pioneer Club. John had to stay home with Baby Girl and me, so we had a quiet evening of tidying the place up a bit, watching a movie, and then reading more about dragons (life cycle and behavioral habits!) All three of us were out cold by 8:30!

So why was I up at 2:30, you may ask. I was up because my body is not accustomed to getting that many hours of sleep in a row. So I was dozing lightly by one, and lingering in that half-awake state that comes when your body is allowed to wake gently, on its own. (Odd sensation, to be truthful. Not quite sure I liked it.) When suddenly, from the darkness beside me, ***BLATT*** Slime came flying at me, smacking me square in the neck and chest. Ewww. Poltergiest? Nope. Food fight? Well, sort of. Em's first spewing incident. And it was quite impressive, let me assure you!

She was none to thrilled with the whole lights-on, changing-o'-the-clothes, warm-rag-suddenly-turns-cold-air-on-damp-skin thing. So, once everyone had been mopped up and dressed properly, she decided she was up. I was up. We hung out for a bit. It was kind of nice, and turned out to be rather fortuitous, as the fire had died down and the low last night was 28' (yes, I know, a downright balmy temperature if you live up North... call me a weenie... I relit the fire!)

Today we've done nothing spectacular: read, read, read, play outside, gather rocks, read, and eat. The next three days should yield good results on the house, though, so I'm not feeling one bit guilty. ;-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Melora said...

28 degrees? Oh My! Aren't you in Alabama? Our "plan" is to move to North Carolina, which is, I think, north of Alabama. Must do more research!
My dd did the distance spit-up thing when she was a baby too, and we found it distressing. I hope little Emily's digestive tract settles down soon.
Cordially,
Melora

Needleroozer said...

That's colder than it has been here! And I am sorry, but just reading, reading, reading with the occasional outside thang goin' on sounds pretty darn spectacular to me!! I am a bit jealous, frankly. Sorry bout the spewing though. That's not the spectacular we're after, is it now? ;-)

Jules said...

28 degrees and you had the fire going? We're still wearing shorts and t-shirts at that temp. up here! ;)

Just teasing! It sounds like you had a good day- reading, playing outside, gathering rocks, and of course, that whole eating thing. Where would we be without great food?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll say it. 28 degrees? Pttthhht! That's nothin' ;)

After 2 days of snow we're expecting highs close to 55 today. Our winter has gone this way, two days snow, cold, then much warmer than usual. Makes for a LOT of mud.

My new mission in life: Defeat the Mud.

I'm rambling, I blame all the concoctions I'm taking to rid my head of this nasty sinus *stuff*. Kids had great fun laughing at my neti pot this morning.

I came here simply to ask you to please email me. I have something I want to send you. So, I'll do that now and then return to my tea and sniffling.

hometoteach at g mail dot com

Have a great day, Dy.

Andie

Randi said...

When my youngest (now 4) was tiny, she always wanted to visit with me in the middle of the night--for hours! Unfortunately, I hadn't discovered blogging or I could have kept myself busy!

You little one sounds like a sweetie--even with the BLATT incident--and I love her name, we have an Emily too!

Laney said...

Middle of the night barf, I am familiar with the term. Yes, way too familiar!

I answered your e-mail on my blog! :-)

J-Lynn said...

We've got a spewer too! The other day I went out and I was wearing black. A friend of mine looked at me and said, "Oh, you're not wearing your mommy badge(s) tonight". Apparently since he's been born I've been sporting white spots everywhere. Or that sling strip - you know the one I'm talking about. I haven't had a "snail trail" since his last runny nose at least! ;-)

Parenting is so colorful!