Tuesday, January 10

A few reminders this morning

More for me than anyone else. I'm not preaching, but they were beautiful and gentle, and they helped a great deal. So I wanted to put them down.

You will never regret holding your tongue with a child.

If you can laugh when things go wrong, they will learn to do that, as well.

It will take twice as long to do something if you let them help, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Even if you enjoy it, you will be exhausted when it's done.

A woman is simply not strong enough to tighten a 50' clothesline enough to keep it from sagging when she hangs jeans on it. No matter how tough she thinks she is.

No matter what she tries.

Re-read the laughing part again, and commit it to memory. It will save you from having to commit yourself in a few years.

Any endeavor worth beginning is worth including your family.

I'm off to tackle "the next thing" (oh, how that phrase shames me!)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Laney said...

Ouch! I shoulda read number one before the micro machine incident.*wry grin* I need to go apologize to my son.

Thanks, Dy, those little truths are precious nuggets of wisdom, especially the laughing part!

Needleroozer said...

Sheesh. Ouch here too. I yelled at them the very first thing, when they fussed about helping me mop (and pick up so that we could mop) the flooding basement this morning. Wasn't their fault it was wet down there, although it could be considered their fault it was such a horrible mess down there!
We really need to get a handle on the basement- it isn't a functional space as of yet, everything just gets dumped there, and not stored properly, and then it is just a mess! And right now it's a very wet mess!
But I digress. Got to go make ammends, and get the house picked up before the whole gang gets here for nature study.
LB

Emily said...

Thanks. Needed that today, too.

~Em

Jules said...

I appreciated the one about laughing when things go wrong. I had to do that today when we went to pick up our van (after a week in the shop) and the Shop Supervisor asked me to come into his office and have a seat! I started laughing at that point and didn't stop. Not even when they told us that the $1200 we just racked up must be followed by another $600 and two more days of work. I really did burst into laughter because if I didn't, I would have had to cry! ;)

Laugh. Breathe. Laugh. Breathe. Laugh. Breathe. A simple motto for living.

J-Lynn said...

ha. ha. ha. ha??

I'm trying Dy, I really am. LOL