Sunday, April 30

The Learning Curve?

Yesterday, on Learning With Zorak, Root Mean Square, also known as "RMS".

He's so funny, because he really enjoys this stuff. I'm just learning it so I don't electrocute myself. The theory is fascinating and such, but I mostly sit through it because (a) it makes him happy to explain it to me, and (b) I hope at the end of the physics or electrical lesson, there will be a "how not to kill yourself" blurb. The boys are so set for science!

We made itty bitty steps yesterday, but there were a lot of them, so that's good. There are three fewer extension cords running down the hall. Big yay! The BBQ grill is hooked up to its very own outdoor outlet, sealed and done to code. YAY! The kitchen... well, it was spotless and ready for photos. But then we ate. And the batteries are dead on the camera. So. Will try again after a quick run to the store for batteries. The foyer is textured! The windows are ready for priming! The utility closet has its own functioning outlet!

It rained and rained yesterday, and it was heavenly. It was chilly and windy, and the only reason I didn't have every window open and every child swathed in wool was the actual pounding rain that might come in. So we bundled up and sat on the porch. The boys played in it and got decadently muddy. The dog didn't think much of the rain until the boys were out there - I think he would play outside in raining sulphur, as long as his boys were there with him. He is such a good dog.

Still not too bright sometimes, though. I stepped out onto the back porch in the afternoon - I had showered and changed clothes. And I had my hair pulled back. The dog FREAKED. Then I spoke to him, and you could see the light go on over his little head. "Oh! It's you! Wow, didn't recognize you for a second. Hey, you did something different with your hair... I'm, uh, not sure I like it." Goofy dog. But a good dog, and it's nice to know he's so protective.

This morning it's off to take advantage of the wonderful rain and spread more weed 'n feed in the rest of the yard. Then we plan to be quite handy the rest of the day - a little schooling, a little working, and some baseball in the mud.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Thom said...

That's hilarious about the dog! Hilda does that,too---never fails to crack me up.Elvis just looks at her like "you can't be serious...you really don't know who that is?".