Sunday, April 16

A Snoop Dog Easter

Yeah, religious holidays always get weird at my house. *sigh* This year it all began as we were driving home from a trip into town. We passed a church and Zorak sniggered, then quit trying to hold it in and he burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" said I... (I should know better.) He said, (or I think he said -- it was hard to tell between snickers), "That's foshizzle!" *blink* *blink* WHAT?!?!

He looked at me like I should get it.

"Didn't you see the sign?" He asked, thinking, perhaps, this would explain why I was so slow on the uptake.

"Um, yes..."

*chuckle, snort* " 'He is risen' That's foshizzle! Get it? 'rizzen' from the 'crizzizzle' "

Ah, yes, it all becomes so clear to me now... My husband's sense of humor is a good reason for me to develop a healthy aversion to lightning.

Did y'all have a good day? We did. We made it to church only three hours late, but since it's a special day, there was plenty left to go when we got there. Gotta love those liturgical churches.

Then we went to the quarry, where the boys had a nice time and Zorak nearly put the smackdown on an old lady. (He is phenomenally mild-mannered, so you can imagine just how far over her bounds she must have stepped.) We left early, as neither of us could relax, but once home, we hid eggs and had a grand time watching the boys find them.

Come nightfall, we broke out the Big Easter Treat: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. HUGE hit. The boys enjoyed watching it again, and somehow managed to stay up nearly to the end. Even Zorak liked it better than he thought he would. It's hotter than many colorful phrases in the house tonight, but we still couldn't resist the urge to broil ourselves under snuggly children. Ahhh. They are asleep, and we are trying to cool back down and keep the meat from falling off our bones. Emily's roasting, though, and she's ticked. So I'll sign off with some of my favorite pictures from today, and remind you as usual to Kiss Those Babies!

HAPPY EASTER!
~Dy







7 comments:

J-Lynn said...

What does is say for me that I was hysterical laughing at foshizzle. Foshizzle my nizzle man... rofl I have no idea what I said but it's pretty funnyt o talk like that out loud. I wish you could have been here today, 2 other families with our same twisted humor were over and it was just hours of laughter...

Sorry about the old woman in the shoe.

Love you guys, the picture of the kids is awesome! They are growing so much...

pilgrimama said...

I really like the picture with the 5 males of the family! Do you and Em ever feel out numbered? You mean it's really that hot this early in the year? Wow! Marcella

The Queen said...

Beautiful family!

Melora said...

Beautiful pictures! Your children are just lovely (and cute husband,too!).
Sorry about the wicked woman at the quarry. A man can only take so much, and I expect Zorak showed plenty of forbearance before he snapped.
I'm amazed that it is so hot already! The landscape in your pics looks so lovely and "spring-y." You don't have that a/c in yet, though, do you?
Cordially,
Melora

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Reading about you broiling has me just laughing. I woke up this morning to SNOW! Grrr! Beautiful family!

Claudia said...

Ben was wondering were the pictures were taken as there was no moisture barrier and there was SUNshine. :-)

Bob and Claire said...

Boy, I sure am curious about the crzy lady at the quarry too. I'm glad she didn't ruin your day though. Hey, my boys watched Narnia too last night (well, part of it--we started too late). Great Easter movie!