Tuesday, April 4

HOW? How can this happen?

Would someone please explain to me how a ONE hour time change can throw me off by SEVERAL hours?!? That's each day! I wished Jess a good afternoon as we hung up the phone and she laughed at me. It was six-thirty. By Thursday, I'll be getting up in time for supper. ARGH! I miss Arizona in the springtime. *sigh*

The boys saw Chuck E. Cheese while we were running errands. James went "Price is Right" nuts over it. I reciprocated with the identical reaction when I saw the Dillard's Home Store. The boys didn't think that was an appropriate reaction. That is, until we went inside. They thought it was "so beautiful" and John loved the way it smelled. Yeah, I guess sawdust and electrical fire isn't the potpourri of choice...

Anyhow, we got new sheets. I went with burgundy. Not because I particularly care for burgundy, or because it sets off the rest of the room. I bought burgundy because white is not a good summer sheet color (remember, I married the Human Torch), battleship grey doesn't seem to be "in" this year, and I don't have the pizzazz (or whatever word you want to use) to pull off the Egyptian/Nefertiti Gold that is so popular this spring. Some women can do that. I am not one of them. I'm lucky if I can get the right size, let alone take a bold color and make it blend. What I really need is the McDonald's of Interior Decorating. I want nine basic choices and when I finally pick one, I want someone to ask me, "You want tassles with that?" Done. Wouldn't that be great?

Since I have misplaced several hours today, I didn't get to the texturing of the closets. (Jess' time reminder sent me into a supper fixing frenzy from which I have just now recovered.) So I'm going to sign off and go do something. The boys are passed out with their reading lights on. Zorak is in the attic, doing his Large Rodent Impression. And Miss Emily chatted happily with Pooh Bear for a bit as he dangled above her swing. When she quit talking to him, I peeked over to find she had passed out. WOOHOO! Time to roll up some sleeves and enjoy the nightly lack of sleep that marks Daylight Savings Time.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Amber said...

Ugh, I'm with you on the whole time change thing!! It has really thrown me for a loop. We all are staying up several hours later than we should and getting up later too... not a good situation. Yesterday was a mess, and today was at least a little better. I'm hoping that by the end of the week we'll be back to where we were. This whole time change thing was certainly not conceived by someone with small children!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hear you on the time change. It's amazing how profound an affect a single hour's change can have. All of a sudden it's easier to stay up later, then it's that much harder to get up in the morning.

-Matt

Melora said...

I sympathize with the lost hours, although, for me it it a year round thing. I'm just not efficient, and I think there should be "remedial" days for plodders like me.
I'm not trying to be snippy, but don't you think yesterday's "to do" list was a tad long anyway? I read it, added in the fact that you are home schooling and caring for an infant, and collapsed in exhaustion. Those hours didn't disappear on you -- you worked them into the ground!
Cordially,
Melora

Sheila said...

I'm still hurting from the time change too. I just got up and it's NINE. (Hubby is out of town, but that's no excuse.
I still can't get dinner ready by 6. It's way too bright outside to be thinking about dinner.

I laughed about the sheets because I have the gold egyption cotton sheets. Hee, hee, hee. They are decadent and I love them. They are 600 thread count and I got then at Tuesday Morning some months ago.
So I guess I'm really styling now with my gold sheets and my pea green dining room.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

It has completely thrown my son's nap schedule. All of a sudden he's back to his three-nap-a-day schedule, only he doesn't quite take the third, and so he is CRANKY in the evenings. I miss my 8am and 2pm nap times!