Monday, April 24

School Yard Fun

I am so thankful that we have our own private school yard.

1) Bullies aren't allowed. Period.
2) The teacher has the freedom to use discretion and independent thinking in resolving issues.
3) There is no schedule that says we MUST go out at eleven, even if it's incredibly hot and miserable.
4) There is no protocol that says we must go to the gym (in our case, would that be the basement?) when it rains.
5) If (or rather, "when") the students find something interesting, playtime integrates seamlessly with science.
5b) - and they both may extend well beyond the State mandated 20 minutes of play time.
6) The little ones don't get trampled by the bigger ones, even with a seven year age spread.
7) Maps are totally useful, and digging is encouraged.
8) Picnics!
9) T-ball is a total blast when the dog plays, too!
10) Back porch steps make wonderful bleachers from which to cheer your "team".

I'd love to hear your own, too!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

CooksonMom said...

I posted my top 10 reasons for homeschooling. Thanks for sharing!

Laney said...

Yay!! Blog fodder. Now I don't have to think about what to post.:-)

I will do mine tomorrow, I promise.

p.s. I didn't know that retarted dogs could play t-ball. *snort*

Donna Boucher said...

This should be submitted to a homeschool magazine :o)

The dog playing along is too cute!

Brandie said...

Love your list =)

Anonymous said...

Love this!
Lisa at http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool