Tuesday, April 4

So Productive...

...When the boards are down.

*sigh*

This morning I painted the ceiling and trim in the bathroom, then put the second coat on the bathroom walls. It looks so much nicer now! It feels almost arid today (don't laugh, it's relative) so perhaps the tidbits can go up tomorrow sometime (towel rack, tp holder... would be nice not to have to strrreeeeeeeetch to the counter to grab the tp). I got the final outlets wired in, so Zorak can hook up power to the bathroom outlets (we've had lights, but we put lights and outlets on different circuits - very handy feature!)

Got the outlet covers on in the master bedroom. We're all moved into that room now, and it's so pretty. It's on the southeast corner of the house and, even with the small light-sucking holes, mornings are so refreshing and inviting in that room. It was heaven to wake up in Our Own Room this morning!

Then I folded the seven loads of wash I'd done yesterday and put them all away. As good as it felt to sleep in Our Own Room, it felt even better not to have to venture into the "closet room" (the fourth bedroom, which we use for storage as well as a makeshift closet) for clothes. The dresser is right. there. It's funny what I've always taken for granted. Done two more loads today, and will hang them in a minute.

We're going to feast (ok, we'll have lunch, but I'm really hungry) and then head off to Wal-Mart to return the sheets (yes, finally) and get some dog food.

This afternoon, I hope to texture the three remaining closets and line up the wires for Zorak to put in the foyer. That's a good day. If I'm feeling productive, I might take the casings off the windows and scrub everything down for painting. (That makes my knees go first-kiss weak! What joy!)

Anybody else find themselves overly productive when their favorite time-wasters aren't up and running?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so unmotivated. When the boards are down, I find myself visiting my favorite blogs again and again to hear about the productivity of others. Thank you.
Jennifer

Crissy said...

Honestly? I'm not sure there's anything that will make me feel *that* productive.
Whew. You are incredible.

Crissy

Laney said...

I am in awe of your outlet wiring powers!! :-)

L said...

You are truly amazing.

Jorge decided after painting that instead of just putting new outlet covers on, he would change out the old boxes and replace them all. The rest of the afternoon as he traveled the perimeter of the room this is what was heard:

DZZZZZZZZZZT

"OW!!"

"You okay, hon?"

"Yeah."

DZZZZZZZZZZT

And from a trained professional no less.

H said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. I only got so much accomplished today because the boys went to a friend's house FOR. THE. DAY. (Woo-hoo!) I could've painted with them here, but they'd've spent all day feeling neglected and watching tv. I'd've felt guilty and neglectful. This way, I worked uninterrupted and they played with friends ALL. DAY. LONG.

I was, by the way, listening to the *opposite* of Fiddy, if such a thing exists. I had Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and then miscellaneous showtunes.

SO, who was the poser you liked? I'm very curious!

Way to go on finishing the bathroom! Woo-hoo! It feels so nice to get these jobs done, doesn't it?

Dy said...

Hillary, *shyah* like I'm saying it out loud now that I know the truth! ;-) I'll IM ya. It's pathetic.

L, I am laughing SO HARD. Thank you! I make Zorak actually, physically REMOVE the breaker from the panel before I'll touch anything. I still maintain that an electrician's apprentice is not what I want to be when I grow up. But I do appreciate them!

And hey Laney, I'm in awe of your decorating abilities. You are going to take some hard core pity on me when you see our "decor" (and, oh, do I use that term loosely!)

Dy

Brandie said...

Wow! You are productive! And yes. I am more productive when my internet connection goes down - no blogs or message boards to get caught up in LOL!