Thursday, April 20

Calling for Ideas: Need Monikers!!

Ok, so I've set up a home renovation blog over at blogspirit (they have categories, which will make it much easier as we transfer all the convoluted mess from one place to another and upload photos). Jess asked whether I was going to go with pseudonyms on that blog, and I wasn't at first (mostly because I can't think of any good ones). However, then I realized that the nature of the blog there will probably bring a whole different crowd than the one we get here. So. Hmmm.

Pseudonyms... any ideas? Jess and I tried to come up with some, but then we just got silly. Poor Miss Emily really came out on the short end of the stick. And while we thought Mr. Buffett would be a good name for John (as in, Jimmy), we were a little worried people would think it was buffet and assume he's the fat kid.

I'm pretty sure we'll use "Professor" for James. And Smidge will be Smidge (what else could he be?). That leaves John and Miss Emily. So. Ideas would be greatly appreciated, guys!

Thanks!
Dy

(I will post the url once it actually has something to read on it.)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

When I write about my kids, I use their "Tummy Baby" names, the nicknames we used before they were born. It's something I can remember. My son is Gonzo and my daughter is Ganoush.

I've always liked Zorak's name.
"Every time I move my arm, it costs Cartoon Network 42 bucks. 42 [wiggle], 42 [wiggle], 42 [wiggle]."

Laney said...

Ooooohhhh, fun!!

For Emily:
The Babe
Little Chick
Sweetie Pie
(I broke my own rule usuing the word "chick." Women should never be called after farm animals, but it seemed so cute.)


For John:
Himself (Irish folks will get this one)
Junior
Chief

Thanks for the support with the troll. Nasty, nasty person.

Anonymous said...

Well, If you add an "S" to Emily and do a little rearranging you get "Smiley". Maybe John could be Mr. Deer? Doe? Walker?

Mere

pilgrimama said...

Laughing-Lee calls Jess "Professor" Alex is The Scientist(quieter middle child) and Chelsea on account of looks and personality is Mowgli.dO YOU HAVE ANY IN-HOUSE NICKNAMES THAT COULD BE TWEAKED-OOPS caps!

Needleroozer said...

I like Smiley for Emily, too. I also like Chickey-baby (this was my nickname for our Girl when she was tiny). All the kids could come up with was Princess, or Her Majesty (because they think she will be spoiled by her 3 big brothers).
We are back from the Dr's office. I will give you a jingle.
LB

CarolynM said...

Every time you write "Miss Emily" I subconsciously read it as "The Divine Miss M" -- just a thought.

John, hmmm, just brainstorming here... Wendy, Michael, John; Tinkerbell, C'mon... What was the last name of those children? DARLING? How about Mr. Darling? (tee hee) Something about his pics tells me he wouldn't take that one very well. Mr. Diligent, maybe. :-)

Amy said...

Well, if James is the Professor, then you've got Mr. and Mrs. Howell, Ginger, Mary Ann, the Skipper, and Gilligan wide open.

And it kind of fits - you know how they were always building amazing things out of what seemed to be nothing on that island? Well, I'm sure you get the similarity, no?

J-Lynn said...

I still say the Clampetts!

Jed, Homer, Jethro, Elly Mae! ;-)

Don't forget Maw and Paw

OK, I'm running now so I don't get hit by the tin cans you're throwing... ;-)

Love ya!

PS. No Clampett would have such a mighty fine terlit as you have!

Janet said...

Aren't you guys Trekkies (sp?) Go with that one. Not that I know any of them. Help, I need my husband.

I love 'Smiley' for Miss Em. Because I'm sure she is.

Anonymous said...

I've always had a hard time with our kids' nicknames too. I went with an example on another blog -- I let the girls pick their own. Moira is Jasmine (of Disney fame), and Taeryn is Pink Pixie. The little guy is Doodle, it's part of his IRL nickname.