Sunday, April 2

We Have A Master Bedroom!

And it's purrrrrty! Or it will be when the trim goes up on the window and the door leading to the back deck gets painted. But even lacking the finishing touches, aside from the actual dimensions, it is not the same room. At all. Doesn't even remotely resemble the one we bought.

And on the whole resemblance thing - I uploaded "before" pictures to my yahoo album. And while I can share them via email using the nifty utility on the page, I can't get the whole url to copy so that I can post a link. Anybody have any experience with this? If you think you can help me get that little glitch figured out, please let me know. It's time to share pictures!

Tomorrow (er, today... later...) I'm going to start clearing stuff out of the foyer while Zorak works on the concrete pours. We'll see some great changes with those two projects!

The boys, Em and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some fun things, including new linens, which I'll return tomorrow. I don't know why I bought them. I'm not crazy over the color, but they are fairly nice. I just can't see putting 400 thread-count sheets on with my $19.99 IKEA comforter cover (which I love and refuse to part with) - but the sheet selection was really limited. To be honest, I think I panicked. I realized today that while I can accomplish many things (buy groceries, buy books, and heck, even buy clothes) with four children in tow... I cannot pick linens with ANY children. Maybe it wouldn't kill me to look elsewhere for linens? We've been here nearly a year and I haven't set foot in any of the malls other than once, back in December, to see Santa. Eh, we'll see.

When my part of the day's work is done, the kids and I will head off to spend some time with some new homeschool friends in the afternoon. We're all looking forward to that.

And so, with that, I'm off to stand at one end of the hallway and smile at the new door that's now hanging at the other end.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

No comments: