Thursday, September 1

Time Waster

Because I am pretty brain-dead after the day, I'll just share a few quick Thanksgivings for the Day and then share how I blew my evening. :-)

I am thankful for three small boys who will sit patiently for two hours in various County Offices while I dig through archives, then be thrilled with cold water and peppermint candies at the realtor's office as a treat.

I am thankful for the thoughtful County Employees who said nice things to the boys about how well they've behaved - a little positive external reinforcement is always appreciated.

I am thankful for Zorak, who dealt with the Competent-But-Painfully-Abrupt Mortgage Guy today instead of making me do it.

I am thankful for the way folks are pulling together here in Alabama to help our neighbors on the Gulf Coast. We really love our New Home.

I am thankful for maternity pants and long distance phone service and afternoon breezes.

And then, there's this completely fun way to blow an evening:

Bob Vila's Virtual Room Builder

I'm guessing this little program works better with a faster connection - we ended up with fifteen wall oven cabinets against one wall and a pile of range hoods by the front door (we'd wondered where they'd gone!)

Tomorrow is Family Night at the swim lesson place. The boys actually opted to stay in lessons just to get to this night. I can't wait to spend some time in the pool there with them and let them show off the things they're proud of accomplishing.

As always, Kiss those Babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

Oooooooh this may be a way-to-blow-my-morning now, thanks! LOL

Have a great time tonight, what fun!!!