Tuesday, September 6

House Update - He Says, She Says

I talked to Houdini, The Mortgage Man, today. He says everything is good. He says they are waiting for the Title Co. to retype the paperwork with the New Mortgage Co. Name in all the right spots. He said he may have a closing date for us as early as this evening. He says there will be no more surprises. He says it's just a time-consuming paperwork task at this point.

You probably don't want to know what She said... We'll just say she's, erm, skeptical.

But perhaps we'll know more by this evening! Wouldn't that be great?! :-) In the meantime, the bruises are healing nicely, and yes, the apartment looks very nice.

Thanks for hangin' in there with us, guys. It's been an adventure!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jules said...

I am sorry about your carpet cleaning trauma! ;) I hope your body is back to normal soon!

And I am glad to hear that things with the house are finally moving forward- I will continue to pray that the momentum keeps building, with no backsliding, until the day you have the keys in hand!

Thanks for thinking of me today, too. I hope to post about my day later. As much as I knew I would hate it, it really wasn't all bad.

L said...

Hoping, hoping, hoping... C'mon, Houdini!!

H said...

Hang in there, Dy! the waiting's the hardest part. In no time you'll be knee-deep in ripped-up-carpet-ickies, paint, and hvac fragments, and you'll wonder why you were in sure a hurry!

It's fun to hear how excited you are to get in and get working on your new forever home! Keep us posted!

Sheila said...

I hope that tonight brings news or one sort or the other and end to limbo.
I'm pulling for Houdini.