Monday, September 5

Me and My Bright Ideas

Our carpet cleaner, after limping along for several years and surviving one painful encounter with some not-so-great neighbors, died earlier in the year. It was beyond repair (and we were out of room on the moving van), so we decided not to bring it with us. In June, I picked up a Little Green (from Bissell), thinking that it would be perfect for cleaning the Suburban and the three small bedrooms of carpet we would have by now...

But we still have a full apartment covered in white carpet.

And it's pretty nasty by now. (I had thought we'd have paid a professional to clean it by now and been long gone, now leaving small child particles on a laminate floor which could be mopped clean.)

And so yesterday Zorak took the boys fishing and exploring while I stayed home to clean. It was nice. I washed walls and doors, windows and mirrors. I did all the laundry and balanced the checkbook.

And I spent

Six

Hours

Cleaning the carpet.

On my hands and knees,

with my Little Green.

It looked so pretty when I went to bed this morning.

It felt so good.

Then I arose from a few hours sleep and OH. My. Word! My palms are bruised! My knees hurt when I sit or stand. My netheregions ache if I so much as turn upwind. And I never saw it coming. Wow.

The carpet still looks good, but in retrospect, I should have splurged on the upright. Definitely.

~Dy

7 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Ow, woman! Are you nuts? (And I mean that in the nicest way possible... *grin*)

And I was feeling so good about myself because I finally got around to mopping the kitchen today.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Dy said...

Does it help to know I never did get around to mopping the kitchen or the bathroom floors?

I'll tell ya, if Zorak gives me one. more. luv pat... I am going to cry! Right after I bite him on the leg.

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

YES! That helps.

Crap. You just meant yesterday, didn't you? You didn't mean that you NEVER get around to it. *sigh* Okay, I feel bad again.

:) I'll pray for quick healing for you... and Zorak, too, since I'm betting he'll get bitten. ;)

Thom said...

Yikes! I feel your pain, on the carpet cleaning thing--although I was not many months pregnant when on bended knee for various hours scrubbing at The Stain. So I guess I only feel *some* of your pain, heh,heh! But just look at that gorgeous, clean carpet!! :0)

J-Lynn said...

I just borrowed a friends upright. I'm at the point where I wonder why I even bother anymore. But my OCD makes me clean it again and again. Thanks for the heads up on the Little Green.

I just caught up reading, loved the entries I missed. I better go and tend to the kids so I'm making one blanket comment here...lol

I missed you - still praying...

Jess

Staci Eastin said...

I cleaned out the garage yesterday, and my Little Green went to Goodwill. I figured that since I haven't used it in at least six years, I probably didn't need it.

Dy said...

LOL! Well, the Suburban definitely still needs it, and I have to say the poor little thing hung in there. I had high aspirations of doing the Suburban on Monday, but, but, but... I didn't WANNA!

Jess, does this mean you're home? Your voice mail is full - charge that phone, woman! ;-)

Stacey, does this mean you're home, too? Soooo... what was it like to head out on vacation w/o having to stop for gas on the way? And home to a nice, clean home, too! WOOHOO!