Friday, September 2

Wow.

There is so much going on. So many thoughts. I'd like to start by asking for prayer requests tonight, actually.

First, Hillary had her surgery today. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as she heals and they receive the results over the next few weeks.

Second, Laney's hubby is needing a hedge of protection and Laney's needin' a good dose of "old fashioned Proverbs 31-type strength" to keep from pulling her hair out. That'd sure be appreciated.

Third, two ladies from the WTM boards have made contact w/ missing family members in the New Orleans area. That's a huge praise, there.

Please pray for the rescue efforts on the Gulf Coast, and if you feel led to do something, don't hesitate. Donations of goods, money, time and housing are all needed and welcomed. If you don't know who to contact, ask someone. I'm trying to round up some ideas other than what's been posted all over already, and will share them.

I honestly hope the propagandists who have gone nuts today will mellow the heck out. This is the time go come together and work together, regardless of political/religious/skivvy color preferences, people. There are enough idiots out there making the wrong choices and hindering the progress. Let's do the right thing. Please.

I'm too tired to keep my eyes open, so that's it tonight.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

WDV said...

right on with the comment on working together.

Navhelowife said...

I so agree with you about everyone jumping on the propoganda bandwagon. We've had a massive influx of people in the Memphis area, and the base where DH is stationed has taken in over 50 military families as of yesterday with more expected.
It's such a hard thing.

Laney said...

Thank-you, again, Dy.

I will lift Hillary and her family up, it helps to realize that there are folks out there that have bigger issues than I do!

I simply connot bear the insanity of the news any longer, ITA with you!

Hugs, Laney

Kim said...

Thanks for the reminder, Dy. I'm praying for all concerned.

Jules said...

I agree too- about the news coverage. It gets to be too much sometimes. They go way overboard and don't know when to stop.
Fortunately, I do know when to stop and off goes the TV!