Tuesday, September 27

Why I Love My Husband, #1,877,935,101

Tonight, as I relayed to Zorak my appreciation for him and his presence in my life, I shared the thought that without his positive influence I would probably be a bitter, alcoholic barmaid in a border town right now. His reply?
That's ok. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be looking for a bitter, alcoholic barmaid in a border town, today, too.
I love that man! He knows when to tell me it'll be okay, and he knows when to ask if I need to hear it'll be okay, or if I need to just be Chicken Little for a while. And through it all, he really always *knows* (in his heart) that it will be okay. How could I not cherish him?

The latest on the Forever Home is that the sellers (remember, this is a foreclosure co. that owns the property and is selling it - they just listed it through a real estate office rather than doing the auction/bid thing) Anyway, they have now asked us to sign an adendum to extend the closing date to October 7th... you know, because they just didn't get on it quickly enough to close this Thursday. It seems they're the only ones who are surprised by this news, though, which is funny. They have, however, actually requested (and received) the Mold Photos, and have begun to grind those little hamster wheels to get the place treated. So, we'll sign. I didn't load up the boys and high-tail it to Decatur to sign the new form, though. They can wait til Zorak gets back and we'll sign it then. But who knows? Maybe next week will be our lucky week!

This evening, Aunt B talked me down, let me know I'm not technically insane (not in this aspect, anyway), and encouraged me greatly. I really appreciate all the humor and good faith she extends to us, but 'specially to me. It's helped a lot, and she's put up with us while we outgrew our 20's and while we have worked to find our footing in our 30's. (Yes, we're slow learners.) By the time we hung up, I could laugh at the situation and be glad that we've come this far. That's quite a perspective check, huh?

The boys and I have been on the go, go, go (dog, go!) all day long. It was good. It was fun. It was really quite exhausting. They are such helpful little guys, though, and the day went smoothly. Tomorrow we have Poineer Club, so we'll see if we can swing the TeamWorkThang heartily enough to make it on time (or at least not be terribly late...)

And tonight, I am going to curl up with a good book and a skein of yarn and get all my aggressions out by trying to knit something. (The book is in case I start yelling too loudly and need to calm down a bit.) I don't know what it'll be yet, but it's possible we'll have some idea what it is in a year or two! In the meantime, the boys are asleep, so the therapy will be helpful.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Laney said...

Lol, Dy! A barmaid?? :-)

I know what you mean about having a wonderful husband, they are rare finds nowadays!

I'm sorry that the Forever Home has become the House That Is Taking Forever To Own. Hugs to you!

Thom said...

I LOL, literally! What a great husband!

Man.You are patience, personified, my friend,concerning the house deal. Bless your heart.Still prayin for y'all. And thank God you have folks like Aunt B to talk to!

Knitting aggressively? Should I be laughing at that? 'Cause for some reason it strikes me as really funny. But, hey, when there's no shooting range handy one must exorcise ones demons somehow, eh?
Hope it was an enjoyable evening!;0)

The Crib Chick said...

LOL! Don't you love it when they say *exactly* the right thing?

Jules said...

LOL!

Ain't love grand? He sound like a great guy- with all the right words! ;)

It's good to be married.