Tuesday, September 27

Drat! Foiled again!

I spoke with Wonderful Realtor this morning. She is so angry she is nearly incapable of speaking clearly. The sellers are refusing to speak to her because they can "only speak to the listing broker". WELL, the listing broker handed the phone to the Wonderful Realtor, because (a) they work together and (b) W-R is the one who has done all the work, has all the details, and is the most useful in this situation. But no.

And now the broker is out. of. town. for the next few days (this is the second vacation she's taken while we've been trying to get this deal through, *sigh*, must be nice).

Sellers still have not given authorization for anyone to go treat the property. They left their office Friday and have not answered the phone, replied to email, or bothered to make contact since then. We don't know how they think this will close on Thursday (which was their pick - they said the 29th!!)

To quote Sarah,
"I am a glacier. I am cool. I am calm. I am chilled. I am freakin' enormous and I will wear down anything in my path. I am cool. I am calm."


I meant to share that with Wonderful Realtor this morning, but she sounded so worn down herself, I wasn't sure it would've been appropriate. I want to make her smile, not cry.

So, another week, month, or whatever without our forever home. It'll be ok. The weather is cooler today. There is a *ooooooo* slight breeze. We have groceries to buy and the money with which to buy them. The boys are covered in mud... I'm not sure where that came from, but just peeked out the window and noticed... hmmm.

Yep, it'll be alright. Really, it will.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

H said...

Dy -

I hope you don't mind me asking, and I don't intend to sound discouraging, but how badly do you and Zorak want this home? Maybe it's just because I've never dealt with a company that's sold a home, but I've *never* heard of anyone having to jump through as many hoops and do as much work as you and Zorak to purchase a house. It's almost as if the seller doesn't *want* to sell the home. *Buying* a home shouldn't be this hard.

Could this be God's closing of doors to you because He has a better Forever Home in Mind? A better option for your family?

Is there any way you can back out and still get your earnest money back? Is there perhaps another property that you both looked at that is now in a better position for you to make an offer on? Or a new property on the market?

I'll continue to pray for your family. I know how hard it is to live in an apartment when you're longing to settle in and make a home for your family.

Please continue to update us. You might consider taking KathyJo up on her offer of henchman. If the sellers are from Maine, they probably scare very easily. :)


Hillary :)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Bunch of stoopid jackasses. :P I'm telling you, Dy, just a couple of six-packs and my brothers will either have you in that house or in jail. :D Either way, you'll be out of the apartment. ((hugs))

That quote from Sarah: must have for my sidebar. I LOVE that! :)

Dy said...

Hillary, I so appreciate your thoughts. If anything in my life had not been as difficult or inane as this, I would agree. But this is, sadly, pretty much the way my life goes. At least this time we don't have psychotic police dispatchers filing bankruptcy in our names, or malicious estate executors reporting me as dead. (Both true. I couldn't make my life up!) So, as my life goes, this is actually pretty upbeat and ok.

I think that's why God gave me Zorak - so that I could learn to believe that things do work out eventually. If it wasn't for his optimism and ability to see the bright side, I would be a very angry, weather-worn, alcoholic barmaid somewhere in a small town in New Mexico right now.

We'll ride this out as far as we need to. I don't know where we'll go from there. But we'll see. I think that on Thursday we could technically walk away w/o forfeiting our earnest money since they dropped the ball this time. But I don't know what we're going to do. Thank you so much for your gentle wisdom.

KathyJo, if jail becomes an issue, we could hide them (or us...) until it's safe. And we'd go better than just a six-pack! We make a mean brisket, with beans to die for, homemade pico de gallo, freshly made corn chips, and homemade ice cream! Send 'em on down! If we can't use henchmen, maybe they'd be willing to work on the crew? :-) Thanks for the laugh.

Dy, off to do groceries. Really. I'm getting off the computer now...

Bob and Claire said...

We're praying for wisdom for you all too, Dy. What an unbelievable situation--I have NEVER heard of such an ordeal! Those sellers must be real characters. I'm glad you keep updating us here!

Claire

Jules said...

This is almost too much. It sounds like something out of a movie!

I am sorry you are being asked to call upon your reserves of patience so many times. Keep the faith- if it is supposed to work out for you, it will.

(sorry to be the broken record!)