Thursday, September 29

Morning Stories

The reading groove is back. The boys and I have enjoyed a week of reading for longer periods, reading more diverse books, and they've been requesting more stories! The boys are thoroughly enjoying The Story of Numbers, as well as the other general reading we're doing. Last night James let me know he'd read all the current library books at least twice and asked if we can go back. Ahhh, yes. That's what I was looking for. This morning, he read to me for over an hour. We had a wonderful time together.

I am thoroughly enjoying the boys. They've been out-of-doors voluntarily, and that's been oh-so-nice! Our time indoors together has been more enjoyable - whether we're wrestling (which, might I point out, is a very handy "Daddy Thing", not so easy on the "Preggo Mommy"), or baking or reading or just being silly. They are getting a much better balance of life these days, and the improvements are wonderful.

I don't know how they can just home in on this stuff, but they found some yarn at the store the other day. They loved on it. They oohhh'd and ahhh'd over it. They cradled it like a baby doll. It was just too stinkin' cute to say no. That's what precipitated the knitting agrression session. I have to get started when they're asleep because things get stabbed. Mistakes are made. Things are said. It's actually good practice for me to gain control over my tongue. But by yesterday afternoon, I'd ripped out a scarf only nine times and things were relatively benign. The boys played with yarn on the bed while I sat among them and knitted (my ball of yarn safely ensconsed under my shirt). It was like curling up with happy, declawed kittens.

Zorak should return to us this evening. It will be wonderful to have him back. The high today is supposed to be in the low 70's - what a wonderful reprieve! The boys are already outside, roming in the air. They didn't even take toys or balls out - just bolted and spun in circles, exclaiming how pretty it is outside! I think I'm going to go join them. If anyone knows of a place where it never gets above 65', please let me know. :-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...knitting...don't you just love the ripping! BTDT! I hate that part, BUT when I get it done -- IT IS GREAT. I would liken it to finishing a marathon. Nothing would feel better.

By the way, San Diego fits pretty close to your criteria. Although, I am sure that the Pacific Northwest would be too.

Have a good day friend. I enjoy reading your blog!

Dy said...

Julie - ROFL. Well, um, I wouldn't know, really. I did the Army 10K once. Walked the whole thing. Nearly died at the end. Ick. My part in marathons will be to watch Laney's boys for her while she commits such atrocities against her shins. :-) I did finish one project. Ever. It was more like the feeling of a five year old presenting her handprint turkey to her Mom than completing a marathon. But Gram smiled and hugged me and made me feel very happy about my "turkey". (I love her so much.)

Gretchen, {{hugs}}. I am. I am soaking up every noisy, chaotic minute of it. I'm not ready to even *think* of girlfriends yet! Oh... I feel faint... ;-)

Dy

Jules said...

I know what you mean about the reading. I love spending hours reading with my kids and even though Samantha reads quite well, she still loves to snuggle and be read to.
I am waiting for it to click with Jeremy and then I will be ecstatic.