Wednesday, September 21

Forever House Update!

Wow, I'll bet y'all didn't think we meant it's going to take forever when we named this place, did ya? Well, here is the most recent news.

Mr. Mold Inspector went Tuesday with Wonderful Realtor to see if the house could pass muster. He commended Zorak's work, was thoroughly impressed, and would like to find out where he got "the stuff" (oh, and for those of you who asked, I have to go find the jug, but I will do that today).

However, that said, he said he'd estimate a test performed yesterday would have produced results "8-10 times higher than allowable levels" inside the house. We had only treated where the appraiser had mentioned, and what we could see ourselves outside that. Those places were clear of mold, but there's more (which we guessed, not a big surprise) - enough more that it would fail testing.

*blech!*

First, the ironic. The guy at the Seller Company is named Dante. Two images immediately popped into my head, and the combination made me laugh so hard I choked on my coffee. Bonus points for anyone who can guess both images, and I'll love ya forever if you get why I thought it was funny!

Now for the good. Seller Co. is good w/ extending the closing date to the 29th (next Thursday). They also do not want us to do the mold abatement AT ALL. It's not a caring thing, it's a liability thing, but it's making them offer to take care of it in a timely enough manner that the testing can be done and we can close on the 29th... (that part is so key right now. So yeah, I don't have to wear a HEPA filter mask, gloves and a friggin UFO containment suit? And I can still get my house? I am ALL OVER THAT!!

And to top it off, Wonderful Realtor is doing ALL THE LEGWORK to get bids, find a mold treatment guy, line up testing, and all we have to do is show up at the closing table with one or two kids for collateral and a fresh ink pen.

So I'm doin' the Happy Dance here today. Kind of. It's a little hot for an all-out dance. This is more of a wiggle. A very, very happy wiggle.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Heather said...

So I got one of the Dante's (was it Clerks)and I'm assuming the other was Shannon's. Are you going to share with us? LOL

Heather

Dy said...

LOL - between the two of you, you got the two Dantes, yes. Funny, huh? (Heather, I had no idea you'd seen Clerks.)

Dy said...

OH yeah, I saw that at an underground campus theater. Was a HUGE fan back when Kevin Smith wasn't going to release it on video, so I got my hands on a bootleg copy at Mardis Gras one year. :-D I still can't say "snowball" without getting the willies.

Dy

Thom said...

Wonderful news about the house!!!

Clerks--geez, I forgot about that movie.Too funny!

Laney said...

LOL! Mallrats was filmed in a mall where I used to live, I don't know about Clerks.

Whatcha thinkin' about?

Swimming pools.

ROFL!!!