Sunday, February 20

What You Can Accomplish

No, still no deep blogging. I tried to blog two and a half hours ago, but something had gone horribly awry with my ISP, I think, and the computer refused to believe it was online.

SO, I quit procrastinating (which, incidentally, was not on this year's list of goals) and cleaned the computer desk. I don't mean I dusted and tidied. I mean I dumped every single drawer. Zorak took the big, nasty one out back and shook it out. We sorted, filed and flung. Every piece of paper, every stray CD-ROM, every lurking paper clip- all are home and happy now. The desk is happy now. I had no idea I had a package of blank note cards! WooHoo!

Really, you should never give a room a cleaning, because if you do, then you will find things that belong elsewhere. And when you put those things away, you will find that their homes need a cleaning, too. And that will lead to rediscovering the paper shredder, which will cause you to keep looking for things to shred. And once you've shredded all the incriminating documents, you'll feel ready to run for office. And you'll decide you need to be on the school board, because after all, it's your Village, too. And when you decide to run for office, the papers will want to interview you. So you'll have to give at least one room a good cleaning.

Yes, I do not recommend that you ever give a room a cleaning.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mousey! Good job!! Here's a cookie :) Want some milk with that?

;) AK

Staci Eastin said...

It must be something in the air! I cleaned (and blogged about it) this weekend as well.

Good luck on the house.

Staci

Kate said...

I think AK and I have the same thoughts, "If you give the mouse a cookie..." If you give the desk a cleaning...

Very funny post - thanks!
Kate

Di said...

Call me shallow, but I think it is DEEP to blog about getting things in order. Shake out those drawers, shred the junk, find the bottom of those closets, and make your corner of the Village a shiny one. Way to go.

My family sees me grab black trash bags and they shudder. We call it Mt. Vernon'ing, and they run for cover when it happens. I love it, though. The best use of PMS energy I have ever found (-:

May the Dude (the slime) be brought down, and the Chia ceiling be YOURS.

You're in my prayers,
Diane

Kim said...

My family RUNS, fast and far when I tackle drawers, because they know THEY'RE NEXT. I love a clean desk. It just seems to inspire creativity.