Tuesday, February 1

Deep Blogs - This Isn't One

Blogs are great in that they aren't static. A blog flows and changes along with its owner (master? blogger?) If you read a regular blogger long enough, you do get a good sense of that person's general personality, quirks, and joys. The picture won't ever be wholly accurate, nor necessarily concise, but odds are you'll get a good overall picture. (Like those aerial shots of towns that were so popular in the late 50's- you can, if you look at it long enough, find your favorite spots in town on them, but they may be a little fuzzy.)

Anyhow, this time of year seems to be a natural time for blogs to start running deep. Theology, ideology, obfuscatology*, it just goes on and on. Entries get longer, sentences more complex, and suddenly you find yourself thinking, "Should I be taking notes? Will there be a quiz later?" (Or, if you weren't publikly skoold, you'll take notes whether there's a quiz or not, but I, graduate of the Public School System, just wanna know if it's going to be on the test or not, alright?)

I'll admit this phenomena leaves me a bit intimidated. I haven't the fortitude to blog that deeply in the winter. I haven't the attention span to keep deep, thorough thoughts adrift long enough to get them all in the boat. Also, I just can't leave many comments this time of year. I left one for TulipGirl the other day and after hitting "post," I realized it was well past time to go to bed.

This time of year, if you're looking for thought-provoking posts, I fear this isn't the place. So, rather than allowing myself to not-blog out of a bashful awareness that I haven't much in that realm to blog about, I intend to continue on blogging about silly things and daily things, and I hope that you'll forgive me for not following the unofficial blog-calendar. :-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

*Yes, I made that one up, but wouldn't it be a fun field of study?

12 comments:

Di said...

Whew...so glad that you are going to ignore the unofficial blog calendar (-: Your posts are delightful, daily reads -- you are a breath of fresh air, Dy. I admire your ability to be so transparent. Much to learn from you, I think. Keep up those great, no-quiz-later-just-relax posts.

As a newcomer to this bizarre realm, what do I know, but surely there is room for a bit o' everyone here on the Blogosphere, right?

Warmly,
Diane

Julie D. said...

I was just thinking about that very thing ... how it is a good thing that I have The Amazing Race and Lost and Alias to blog about ... keeps me nice and shallow. :-)

Cheryl said...

Hi Dy,
I lost your email and I can't seem to find it on your blog page. I have a response for you so please email me! konkadoo (at) msn (dot) com.

Sheila said...

I can't do long and philosophical either. If I attempt a soul searching post...when I go back a reread, I just sound grumpy with bad syntax.

Blog what you want. You've never advertised being "a thinking woman's blog." Us non-thinkers are quite happy about that.

(I'm speaking of the singular "us" as in me!)

Stephanie not in TX said...

Girl, you *are* deep. On an almost daily basis. You sieze the moments and think about them before they float away. That's why I love your blog.

Stephanie not in TX said...

Ooh. Julie, do you blog about Lost? I will have to check for that. I'm obsessed with that show.

Donna Boucher said...

So I am not the only Queen of Fluff?
Sometimes I feel as deep as a puddle.

That might be fun...
How deep are you?

Donna

Kate said...

One of the things I like the most about blogs is that they are all different. No one has to follow any particular schedule and no one has the same blog. I really like that.

I really like your blog and appreciate your reality.

:) Kate

Laney said...

Life is not fluff, life is, well, life!! And you write about yours wonderfully! Those blogs intimidate me because I always spell words wrong and at times can't formulate coherent thoughts and I don't want the whole blogosphere laughing at me. Actually, I don't care who laughs at me, I am feally just a fluff lover. And yes, I watch American Idol!!!:-)

Laney said...

See, I told you I ahve spelling issues! And no, I didn't spell "really" wrong just to prove a point! LOL

Laney said...

UGH!! Quitting while I am ahead.

J-Lynn said...

Girl, you couldn't do "fluff" if you tried! Every post you write has this "amazingness" to it and that's because YOU are amazing, you can't help it. Hugs, don't change a thing.

Love,