Thursday, February 24

We Got 'Da Snow!

I don't bother with The Weather Channel online anymore. I'm pretty sure they've just put up an infinite "weather warning" for St. Mary's County and call it good. Could be good, could be bad- they don't know, but you're gonna get weather, folks.

I prefer to wait for my little insta-weather guys to fill me in. This morning is a good example. The alarm went off, and I heard, "Mama, it's morning and it's snowing! It's been snowing for a while!"

Now, that's the way to wake up in the morning! Who needs to know the exact temperature? Who cares how long it's going to last? John's morning weather alert told me all I need to know:

* School (at least ours) will be on an abbreviated schedule today.
* Waterproof outer gear is the attire of the day.
* There will be hot chocolate and thick, hot muffins served this afternoon.

Wow, come to think of it, he's like a little pre-programmed Day Planner, too! All in one snuggly little package! Cool.

So whatever weather you're having today, I hope you enjoy your home and your family in it.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was knitting in the car, waiting for my kiddies to have their music lessons, and the news said something about a massive snow system south east of us here. I was wondering if you got any snow.

I hope it's the nice, soft kind. Ours got rained upon on Monday, and it's kind of crunchy now, and the boys said it's not as much fun to play on.

Sheila said...

I'm quite happy for you. Just keep it all up there please. I'm hoping our 70's stay around though you do make the whole thing sound quite lovely and inviting.
Of course we have the atomic clock with weather center. So I get to hear, "It's 10:46. It's 66 and sunny with 35% humidity." My very own Weather Channel.