Friday, August 20

What a way to blog!

OK, so I'm composing in Notepad since I have tried four times this morning to blog, and each time something bizarre has happened that's erased my entry. I give up. I am changing topics and leaving well enough alone! There.

Last night I finished The Man Who Would Be King (by Ben MacIntyre)- it's a phenomenal book! I recommend it highly- this would go under "stew" in my food-guided recommendation table. It's a great book for chilly evenings with a hot cup of somethin' good, that you can really chew on, enjoy, think about, and in the end you are full, yet could have kept going if there'd been more of it.

We may be able to get together this weekend with another WTM family, and I am really, *really* hoping it comes together! The Mom and I have been emailing and chatting on the phone for months- she is just wonderful- and I cannot wait to meet her wonderful family (and her) in real life! Here's to the scheduling powers that be! I hope we can make it a "go"!

Um, it hit me this morning (during a lucid moment? I'm beginning to wonder...) that Jacob's first birthday is in just under three weeks. How horrible a mother am I that we haven't made any plans or arrangements for the celebration? *sigh* I'm really losing my grip. The boys will all be well-educated, but they'll be quite surprised to learn birthdays are normally celebrated at the same time each year.

We've had a good day getting things done. Need to make a Wal-Mart run, but... well, ya know, it's just hot 'n sticky out there. Too bad they don't make deliveries.

*argh* Anybody out there have a bossy almost-six-year-old??? This is normal?

Time to squash the rebellion. Talk to you later!

Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... except that my FOUR year old is the bossy one but then again she does take after her father. *grin*

Amy said...

Loving the food-guided rec table. That is such a great way to describe a book. I remember when my big sister took me to see that movie (in the 70's I think) - it was great. I'll have to put the book on my list.

And chin up, other than invitations, I pulled off two parties in under a week. So you can do it. Or, you could just go to Chick-Fil-A and tell him about his amazing first birthday party that you labored over with your own hands. As long as he never wants to see pictures you can get away with it ;)!

By the way, the bossy one at our house also happens to be four. Although the almost-6-year-old neighbor who's here playing right now could definitely qualify as bossy.

L said...

Hope you get a chance to meet your WTM buddy. Also hope we'll get another, more successful chance to visit with you all one of these days.

Had to laugh about not being able to hurry Zorak. If George is an hour late, he's on time.