Thursday, August 5

Is this Thursday?

Already? Hmmm. Wonder how that happened. Didn't get out of the house yesterday, as the fender flares didn't arrive until after two PM. *sigh* The boys made the best of the day and it was good. Also, did I tell y'all I'm down to only half a pot of coffee a day lately? It feels very odd. Yesterday I had none until eight PM, at which point I sucked down three cups in the hope of making that dreadful headache go away. (See? Personal Responsibility- I know the dangers and the risks. If I choose to make a bad decision, then, hey, I get to live with the consequences! This, my friends, is the stuff of life.)

SO, today we forage for a good book. I received all manner of wonderful recommendations on tracking down a great edition of The Hobbit (THANKS GUYS!) and will try to find it in one of the local B&M stores before resorting to purchasing online. (Yes, any excuse for a trip to the bookstore...)

Or perhaps I might finally convince Zorak that a trip to Annapolis is in order this weekend? Eight months is an awfully long time to live somewhere this close to a Trader Joe's and not have anything in the cupboards to show for it.

Hoping to meet up this week with a friend whose life seems to have taken on a life of its own. Sometimes you have to yank on those reins and make time for coffee, cakes, visiting with a friend, and the enjoying the fun of children playing together. ;-)

A knitting store is opening here this weekend, as well!! Oh fun! (Mind you, I can knit like a mad woman- not well, and not prettily, but by golly I can do it!) One of our Wonderful Neighbors is going to show me how to make a lovely baby hat, and I will make some to send to our midwives for the babies they attend. (James has put in a request for a brown scarf. He's five! Not rainbow, not green, not sparkly. Brown. *goofy grin* Yep, that one's mine.)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments- I always enjoy hearing from those who come to have coffee with me. It's nice to hear your anecdotes and tips and thoughts. Keep 'em comin'! You're what makes a plain ol' blog into the "tea with friends" that is so enjoyable.

Have a truly lovely Thursday!

Dy

2 comments:

Amy said...

Definitely go to Annapolis! It's such a neat town.

I can go all day without a Diet Coke (very occasionally) and then I do the same thing. Around 8 pm I slam back about three, and then spend the entire night surfing the net, wide awake. Although, I seem to be more and more able to have a deep, caffeinated sleep these days.

Anonymous said...

I am just learning to knit but I haven't put much time in on it. One major skill at a time, I suppose. I learned to sew last year; garden this year (which isn't going as well as the sewing since I'm not an outside or a morning person) and then I may learn knitting better. It seems like a nice one to take places and sit knitting while chatting.

I am still trying to get with a program around here that makes infant and preemie stuff for hospitals and shelters. They often need those little baby hats. If you can knit one of those up pretty fast, you may look into doing some donations like this.

Cheryl (konk)