Monday, August 16

Another quick two (and unrelated) notes:

Let your children bring out the storyteller in you! We were doing a map of the US this morning when something triggered a memory of my Mother and I driving somewhere in Illinois and ending up completely lost in Indiana. The boys howled with laughter as I recounted our trip and the discovery that we were so very far off course. Isn't that how oral history is built? Reminds me of listening to Gram's stories, which always leave me wide-eyed and awed, either shaking my head in amazement or giggling over the fact that children are children in any era. Help your kids get to know their histories by becoming a storyteller.

And the totally unrelated note, Zorak ROCKS! Once, about eight years ago, his brother was returning from PA and asked if we wanted him to bring anything. I asked for some IC Light- a beer I'd had while living in Pittsburgh and hadn't been able to find anywhere else. He just heard "beer" and brought his homebrew (which is tasty, but I can only hold about half a bottle and then I must stop for the week!) We haven't talked about it since then, really. Last night, however, what did my wonderful honey bring home but this...



They didn't have IC Light, but this stuff is good, too! (I had one last night.) What made it taste even better is knowing that he's stored this information in his files and thought of me while he was out 'n about. I am constantly amazed at the way Zorak works, and am constantly thankful for such a loving, caring husband. He is the best.

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. has a long history and an interesting web site (if you ignore the heavily made up, scantily clad young lass on the main page...) You can check it out here.

OK, this time I'm really going! Talk to you later!
Dy

No comments: