Saturday, August 7

Gentle Schedules, Gentle Children

Gentle Mommy? Well, that's one of my goals for this year. Gentle, thorough, enjoyable, and do-able. We'll see how far I make it, eh?

Monday is back-to-life day. (Not quite back-to-school, you know.) I'm moving things around a bit to fit better with the climate (read: humidity/heat), the environment (read: actually having great kids to play with in the afternoons!), and the needs of the children (read: well, yeah, that one pretty much reads as I wrote it!) Here's a quick peek, for those who are interested (those who aren't, um, come back tomorrow *grin*):

Bible before breakfast- a good way to begin the day
Latin over breakfast- nothing like mumbling the Sanctus with eggs in your mouth, right?
Math for John while James does assigned reading
Nature Walk- this may turn out to be science. I need to do some more reading on Charlotte Mason's approach, journaling, and an informal, gentle approach to science for little ones.
Home for a snack and a read aloud
James' spelling/grammar lesson
Play time for all!
Lunch
M, W- History and Music after lunch
Tu, Th- Art and whatever I have forgotten can go here

As the weather cools down, we'll spend a few hours playing outside w/ the Wonderful Neighbor children in the afternoon, then come in for tea around 3:45 or so. Then I figure we'll do our usual- read until it's time to start supper.

I'll blog goals tomorrow. Right now it's nearly eleven and I want to get some things on paper before bed. Church tomorrow and another journey into the overpriced realm to search for land! Weee!

Have a blessed day tomorrow.

~Dy

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Well, this is what I get for falling asleep with Belle. It's almsot 5am and I'm stll up! Oh church will come early... lol

I will call you tomorrow if I have the energy after tonight...lol

I love you!

Amy said...

Looks wonderful - and a lot like our schedule, er, routine! Your boys are lucky to have a Mommy who spends so much times planning to make their lives wonderful.

Blessings to all of you!