Wednesday, August 4

Tuesday's Thoughts

Two down, one to go- the fender flares should arrive via FedEx tomorrow and then we're one step closer to being legit!

We have to return The Hobbit tomorrow. Actually, it was due back day before yesterday, but we haven't been to the library. I tried to renew it, but there was already another hold on it and no other copies are available, either. So, I promised James that tomorrow we would hit the bookstore and see if they have a copy in stock. I read at the WTM forums today that there is an unabridged illustrated version available- need to go ask for the details on that. I think he'd love it.

He's getting it, and it's really exciting! Tonight, the goblins abducted Bilbo and his companions from the cave in the mountains. When the torches in the caves went out and the smoke from the main fire turned blue, James jumped up and down on the bed and shouted, "I'll bet it's Gandalf! I'll bet that's him!" (It was, of course.) *grin* This is just too much fun!

Just for something different, tonight it was Jacob who fell asleep at the supper table instead of John, who is our resident supper-time-narcoleptic. Poor sleepy baby. He slept from six until eleven thirty, woke to nurse and then *whammo* he's back out cold. Can you guess who had a busy day today? He climbed the stairs halfway up and only stopped because I was terrified he'd trip over the legs in his outfit and go tumbling pell mell like the Pokey Little Puppy. He was quite proud of himself, and just to prove it, he repeated his performance every chance he had!

John got up early this morning and requested bananas and a pb&j sandwich for breakfast. Traditions are meant to be made, right? We had a really nice time together just visiting. He is a very neat kid with a lot on his mind. I hope we have many more mornings together like this one.

After the Bon-Bon encounter this morning, the boys and I built a tent in the master bedroom and they played music on various instruments while I ironed Zorak's work shirts. Then we huddled together in the tent to read stories. (I insisted that we lift the sides so that Mommy wouldn't melt rapidly- four humans under a bedsheet with no ventilation produce a LOT of heat! They allowed for that, but promptly exiled me from the tent and put the sides back down as soon as the reading was complete.)

So tomorrow is going to be a day for the boys: to the park, to the library, and to the bookstore. (I'm hoping we can add "to 7-11 for a squishy" to the day, too!)

*AAAANNNNNNDDDDD, I blew it. Was going to hit the hay right after I blogged... then I decided to blog run before posting (b/c I'd told myself I would get offline right after I published)... and now it's after two. Ugh. Bad Dy. Bad, bad. But, OH, there are some wonderful articles in the blogosphere tonight! See Steph's blog for one and run w/ it from there. ;-)*

'Nite,
~Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dy,
Try to get the copy I tried to link to above.
(i hope the link worked)
It's a great big paperback copy unabridged and illustrated my Michael Hague. The print is big with a lot of white space. I keep meaning to pick this copy up & just haven't done it yet.
Good luck!!
Shannon
ISBN: 0395520215
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company

Anonymous said...

I loved reading The Hobbit this winter. It had such neat phrases and ideas. Sandra got a huge kick out of it, too.

We rounded it off with three hand-written notes to the executives in charge of bickering about who has the rights to make a movie of it. Her little wobbly letters and heartfelt thoughts should melt any hardened heart!

Sarah