Wednesday, August 11

Mid-Week Ramblings

I have not put together a coherent thought in three days. Now, that doesn't mean it hasn't been a wonderful, productive week- it has. I just haven't had much blogworthy news. Schooling is coming along well, although we haven't been as on-the-ball as I'd hoped with our nature walks. However, gotta love CD's for the car! Latin, Math, Bible can all be done en route while we run errands! WooHoo! We are taking this Friday to enjoy an end-of-week field trip to the Baltimore National Aquarium and Inner Harbor with Zorak. It's a fitting end to a wonderful week.

The Suburban remains untagged as of this morning. *Insert the growling/snorting noise Pacha's wife makes in The Emperor's New Groove here* It WILL be done today if it's the last thing I do! Ok, maybe I shouldn't put it that way. Let's just say it's "high on today's priority list".

The boys are still sleeping (yes, it's nine o'clock). They napped yesterday so they could go to the archery meeting. It was a logistical fiasco, just as I'd feared, and wasn't something we ought to have done. BUT, hey, lessons learned, right? I think it's difficult for Zorak to understand that the things that are fun for him, while they will one day be fun for the boys, are a little dry and, erm, drawn out for the boys to enjoy right now. Still, his heart's in the right place, and we are blessed that he is so involved with his family. We made the best of it by going to Chic-Fil-A for a late, late supper after the meeting. Ice cream with Mom & Dad, and some time in the play area, can make even a mortician's convention seem like it was fun in retrospect when you're five and four!

Oh, funny, a friend sent me this link today. I laughed til I hurt. She said it reminded her of James, and she's right. The link is to Comics.com, and I'm not certain about syndication policies so I didn't paste the comic here, but it's cute- go peek.

Our Hobbit is in, so after the Suburban is tagged and legal, it's time for another trip to Bay Books! The boys will be thrilled.

Happy Wednesday!

~Dy

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dy, you are hereby ordered to blog every morning before I wake up. Why? Because reading your blog always motivates me. So, I plan to be up by 7 in the morning, so be done blogging by the, would ya?

I love the Aquarium in Baltimore. Let me know if you spot the sloth!

Good luck with the suburban - it's your punishment for driving such a huge drag on the environment (kidding!).

Anonymous said...

Suburban drivers unite!!! Amy, how could you say such a thing? hehehe From Janet, proud owner of one huge suv and gas hog.