Tuesday, August 3

Oh, that's just embarrassing!

So it's nearly ten thirty. Zorak opened the front door to find me perched at the desk, coffee in hand, WTM boards open, boys nowhere in sight... in my jammies. *groan*

Now, honestly, I am a grown woman, and I don't know why I suddenly felt like I was caught with my hand in the Bon-Bons carton, but I did. I jumped up and stuttered, "Er, uh, HI! I JUST sat down for a break! Just now. Not ten seconds ago!" (which was all true, but you wouldn't think it from the guilt that oozed from my body...)

Granted, what he didn't see when he walked in is the load of dishes that have been washed and put away, the books we've read this morning, the meal and snack that have been made, eaten and tidied up after, the four loads of wash that were gathered, sorted, washed, dried, and put away...

He couldn't see, from his vantage point at the front door, the two toilets that have been scrubbed this morning or the linens all switched out on the beds...

I did make him go upstairs to see the seasonal culling work I did on the boys' clothes for the impending Autumn weather (Sweaters!) and by chance he also noticed the thorough dusting all the upstairs furniture received this AM...

But still, sheesh, talk about bad timing!

~Dy, who probably ought to put in her muumuu order this morning, as well. *grin*

6 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Well, I'm impressed! It's a rare occassion that anything gets done before 10am in this house...lol And DH knows I need my morning coffee/computer break to get my day started. ;-)

Is he home for the day? How fun!

Tenniel said...

I can relate to the guilt feeling when you are found in a less than *ideal* situation. However, I am amazed at how much you had accomplished before 10:30 am! Don't feel guilty be proud of all you did today. It's nearly noon here and we are just getting around to finishing cleaning up.

Peace,
Tenn

Anonymous said...

My dh will frequently call in the afternoon, around 4:30 or so to see if I need anything before he comes home from work. Many times, I feel guilty when I get off the computer to finish supper, and there's a message saying: "Hope you're enjoying the Well Trained Mind. Now do we need anything before I leave?" Our hubbies know us well.

Kim in ON

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...but here it would be that he showed up in the early afternoon, and I'd be sprawled on the couch, in front of 'Judge Judy', with a bowl of ice cream balanced on my huge belly (I'm pregnant, for those that don't know; just realized that 'huge belly' might lead one to think the ice cream scenario happens more than just occasionally, lol...).

Hey, you're a hard-workin' mama...those pj/computer moments are just one of the great benefits of your particular job!

Jill in OK

Anonymous said...

DH calls me "bloghead". You know, if the shoe fits....

Anonymous said...

Hi, that was me, Janet.