Sunday, August 29

The Schedule is Filling Up, and the Boys Are Growing Up!

I'm not entirely certain this is such a good thing, but we'll give it a shot! Both of the older boys begin Kinder Choir next Sunday evening. Their Spanish lessons begin on the 9th. We've added a once-a-week formal craft session with the Wonderful Neighbors (a directed, "on purpose" craft time, as opposed to the oh, look, I have string, paper, beans... hmmm, oh! Tape! I need TAPE! sessions that seem to happen daily in spite of my best efforts)- I think those will be on Tuesdays. Add in swimming once a week, and that's a fairly full week! (I wanted to do swim three times a week, but burst into peals of laughter when I tried to find spots to put it.) I'm very happy if we only get in the car once a week. Three times, I can handle, but it doesn't make me chipper. *shudder* This morning thing better start working, and soon!

The WTM forums are still down... This is worse than the Upsaid Outage of '03!! I feel for Dear Webmaster, though, and am not about to pester the poor staff with the same questions that have undoubtedly come flying in over the past few days. (Still, if anyone knows what happened... feel free to share!)

Had a wonderful day today with the boys. Today was Promotion Sunday. James was disappointed that he lost his beloved teacher from the first class, but is thrilled with the 1st/2nd grade class. It's a husband/wife team, and they are very gentle souls. I think he will thrive in that environment. It's a wonderful thing that we moved John to the 4 year-old class in June, as that gave him time to adjust. (James jumps in, with both guns blazing. John makes everyone else jump in first then wades leisurely into his new environment.) He saw the teacher he knows and loves and when they called his name, I didn't get so much as a beso from him before he bolted up with his class. Jacob stood backward in his chair and smiled at our music director, who sat there and smiled back at him. It was a very happy time. He nearly gave himself a seizure when I broke out the raisins, though, and let me tell ya, the delighted squeal of a happy baby rings quite loudly in a tiled sanctuary. Boy, am I ever glad we found a family-friendly church!

We came home, had enchiladas for lunch, then spread out sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and animal crackers in the living room and watched Brother Bear. We all napped for a bit. Then, refreshed and happy, we wrestled and played, built bridges and sang for several hours.

It's now nine o'clock. Everyone else is in bed, so I'm going to grab a fresh cup of coffee and blog run for a bit before bed. Tomorrow starts a fresh week, and what a wonderful week it will be! See you in the morning.

~Dy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You schedule, though full, sounds wonderful! Sounds "right" for your family.

TulipGirl
www.tulipgirl.com