Saturday, August 28

Pfftt. Yeah, well, this is going well, I think...

Wizard and Glass, Book IV from The Dark Tower series... um, reads more like a soft-core... erm... romance novel than a good Western. I'm glad it's over. Now I just have the very last book to read and then Roland's quest for the Dark Tower will be over, the future of his ka-tet, Mid-World, and all other worlds, will be decided. Whew. The Dark Tower series is rather like that bizarre concoction someone inevitably brings to the pot luck. It's usually green, or whipped, sometimes both. You've seen variations on it and didn't necessarily enjoy them, but this looks different somehow. So you try it, and it's, well, it's weird, but good. Very good (except for the occasional crunchy bit... what is that, anyway?) You end up eating most of it- it's bereft of nutritional value and you don't even want the recipe, but you know you'll hog most of it the next time it's on the table.

Yesterday we headed to Annapolis for Zorak's motorcycle road test. You must have an appointment to take the test. His appointment was at twelve thirty. At one forty-five, he finally rode the course. The test took less than ten minutes. We were out of there at four PM, motorcycle endorsement in hand. Yes, friends and neighbors, only three and a half hours to administer a ten minute scheduled appointment! The government is so efficient and well-run! Why wouldn't we want them to monitor every aspect of our lives? When we left, there were people still in line who had been there since nine o'clock that morning...

Lessons are going well, but I have to say that I'm not entirely certain the extra sleep is worth the extra energy. I'm going to give it two more weeks and if things don't find a groove, I'm doubling the caffeine intake and going back to my evil night owl ways. I get to bed early and get plenty of sleep, but do not accomplish most of my evening routines- that was when I did my extra laundry, cleaned the kitchen, did the daily scrub on the bathrooms (hey, there are four guys in this house- I've gotta keep up!) As of today, I have not had a single morning with a good head start on the day before everyone else is up and quite excited to get going! Computer time has been nil, too. *sigh*

Zorak's Company Picnic was Thursday. It was quite fun. Zorak's co-workers are great folks, and we enjoy the opportunity to get to know them in a less formal environment. The boys were tired, but did well and were their typical cheerful, friendly, exuberant selves. I think I found a mentor to help me make the transition from rifle to shotgun, too, which is good, because I am just lost when it comes to hunting non-winged things with a shotgun. (That just doesn't even sound right!)

Prayers are requested here. If you don't mind, there's something coming up that will give us need for clarity and direction. I can't say much, but would sure appreciate a nod or two to the Big Guy. (For my more formal readers, no disrespect intended, but, hey, I'm not a formal kinda blogger and when the Aggie is willing to ask for prayers, I have no trouble using his vernacular.)

Ah, well, it's time for some chocolate milk and a story! Have a lovely weekend- it may be a while before I get to blog again, but there's some interesting stuff to blog about, so I'll try to be back soon.

Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dy:

I will certainly pray for clarity and wisdom in anything that is coming your way. God knows what you need, and will guide you into His truth. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim in ON

Amy said...

Dy, in case you are wondering, the official name of that bizarre concoction is "Church Lady Food."

I will definitely pray, I think He hears us Aggies better anyway. ;) All kidding aside, I will keep you and the guys in my prayers.