Wednesday, June 13

We Got to Meet Verena!

*Said in my best sing-song voice*

Verena is one of the sweetest ladies who posts at one of the forums I, erm, frequent. (It's not an addiction. Shush. Now blogging, that's an addiction.) Anyway today, she and her Totally Good Sport of a Husband, and their Three Precious Boys stopped in our little town to visit with us while they were on the road.

And she's just as interesting, if not moreso, in person.

And none of my children did anything horribly mortifying in her presence (for which I thanked them profusely when we got back in the car). They're good kids, but I'm always worried they're going to do something strange at the most inopportune moment, like peeing on the bushes right there in front of God and everybody, or declaring their knowledge of homebirth procedures for the uninitiated, or farting the alphabet. I don't know. You just never know what a child will come up with, but you can bet it will not have been included in the Quick 'n Easy List of 1,001 Things You Went Over With Them Before You Let Them Out of The Car. Guaranteed. They're sneaky like that. So, perhaps I should amend my statement. OK, officially, they did not do anything horribly mortifying that I am aware of.

The boys had a lovely time. Smidge cried when he realized they weren't coming to our house and we weren't going with them. Verena and her husband and I had a nice visit, and I do hope they will take us up on the Open Door Invitation. We'd love to have them anytime.

Anyhow, we did get pictures, but I've got to email her and ask permission to post 'em first. (I forgot to ask before we left the park.)

Ah. What a fun day. Tomorrow, it's back to the grindstone!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

melissa said...

You crack me up! It helps me so much to know that you don't change. Y'all are such an awesome family. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Oh- and I read the post below...Don't forget about Fall Ball.....which of course, you won't be able to participate in because you'll be doing football...right?...... Right?

Dy said...

Oh, you're so sweet. You guys are also an awesome family. You just live too durned far away! Pfft. I did tell Verena that she needs to meet y'all, too, btw. You know, share the joy. "OK, these are the folks I've met and they're fantastic people!"

Yeah, we'll be doing football. *weak smile* I have no clue how that's going to go. The other day I told Zorak I wasn't 100% convinced this was a good idea. He snorted and said he wasn't even 5% convinced it was a good idea. LOL. *sigh* However, there is no fall ball in our area, and so, I have no easy out on that one. So, football it is.

Dy

Anonymous said...

Farting the alphabet???

LOL!!!! It seems that I need to teach my boys that :-). I know what you mean, though. I'm glad my crew behaved, too. Don't want to ruin any good first impressions, right?

We had a wonderful time meeting you guys! You are a delight, as are your kids! And that Baby Em is just so darn cute- and what a happy little one she is!!

Yes, you may post the picture.

Love, Verena