Sunday, June 17

Man, I am on a roll!

First, the Nightmare on Elm Street Team Cake.

New, for Father's Day: Give the man in your life something that says You Must Really Love Me!

Erm, no. How about, Look, Ma! No Skills!

Nah.

The sales blurb for this particular gem (you know, in my imaginary baked goods store) would be something along the lines of, "two hollowed-out cake layers, filled to the brim with delicious cream cheese icing, held together with three or four tons of additional cream cheese icing, and topped with rolled buttercream carrots."

Ah. Well, the icing tastes good. The cake does, too. (What's left of it.) It just... exploded... in the oven. I'm not... entirely sure... what happened.

We'll see what miracles can be performed with the adhesive properties of grease and sugar!

Happy Father's Day!
Kiss those Daddies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Melora said...

Awww! Well, if Zorak is as much a fan of frosting as Ed, he will be pleased as punch with that cake! (I Love cream cheese frosting.)

I am making Ed sushi for Father's Day supper, because nothing says "I love you" like seaweed and fake crab.

Dy said...

If that cake doesn't hurry up and freeze a bit, there won't be any frosting left to put on the cake! Zorak keeps swiping some each time he walks through the kitchen.

Ohhhh, sushi! I didn't think of sushi! YUM!
Happy Father's Day!
Dy