Saturday, June 16

The Twelve Tasks of Hercules

It's a good thing neither of the boys has ever been called upon to perform such duties. This afternoon, I kicked them outside to go play, dig in the dirt, do something different. They went outside happily.

And in five minutes, they were back inside.

"*phew* Man, is it HOT out there! Can we come in?"

*raised eyebrow* "And you want to play football? Football, which begins in August. August, which makes mid-June look like February. Really?"

John considered and said, "You know, I don't think I would."

James said, "I think I can do it."

Zorak chimed in, "I know you *can* do it. The question is, do you *want* to?"

*long, drawn out pause*

James, "Yes. Yes, I want to do it. And I will do it with a good attitude."

WHY??? What has this child decided football is going to be? It's going to be hot, sticky, mosquito-infested hell! That's what it's going to be! *whiiiine*

OK, it's probably a good thing I've never been called upon to perform the tasks of Hercules. James might pull it off. But personally, I suspect John's the smart one of the bunch.

Oh, and summer ball begins in July. So we have some recovery time. Yay.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

mere said...

Have you watched "Facing the Giants?" Maybe the grueling scene with Brock crawling towards the end zone would make him think twice...or maybe he would be even more inspired than ever.

We liked the movie, although I kept wondering, "where is the church?" It's sappy. But happy. And clappy. Very wholesome. The boys liked the football...

mere

momanna98 said...

UGH! Football. In the south. But I still think that football in the north is worse. Snow and cold and snow. I would never let my kids join football. I guess I'm not a good enough mom. ;-) Baseball season is bad enough.

Melora said...

I'm with John. It just seems perverse to start the season for something like Football in August. That is Floating on the River/Lake/Pool season! Sure can't fault James for his attitude, though! What a good kid.