Monday, June 4

Garh!!!

"Hey, honey, does John have practice tonight?"

"No, why?"

"Well, I wasn't going to take him to the batting cages if he also had practice."

"Oh. No, I don't think he has anything now until Thursday. They might play their first tournament game on Friday."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, of course I'm sure... I think."

So, Zorak took John to the batting cages for a bit of one-on-one time, some practice, and a little fun.

Aaaaaand, I just got off the phone w/ the coach's wife. "We missed y'all at practice tonight. Is everything okay?"

*wham* *wham* *wham* (beating my head on the desk) I. Am. Not. Fit. For. This. Job! "Yes, everything's fine. It's just that John's mother is a hard-core blonde sometimes."

Thankfully, all they did tonight was batting practice. *whew* Oh, and the first tournament game is tomorrow, not Friday.

Isn't that uber-organized woman with the dauntingly flawless scheduling skills who was supposed to have this job here yet? No? OK, then, I'll keep winging it, but I tell ya, they're starting to get Suspicious.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Awwww at least he has some quality 1-on-1 with daddy!

IMO they go overboard with the practicing anyway!

And it's like I forgot you were a blonde. I'm more ditzy than you are by far! ;-)

Jennie C. said...

Shh. Don't tell and he might not find out!

melissa said...

No doubt, a better practice anyway! MUCH bigger pay off!! :-)

But I too know the horror of screwing up the schedule. I know it all too well... The giant fridge calandar helps me though, when I look at it.

andie said...

Know why I haven't blogged? 'Cause I'm spending all day having ACK! moments, running to the giant dry erase calendar and muttering things like, "Monday. John 6pm girls 7:30pm, snacks!"

Then, an hour and a half later, I do it again. Today we have nothing. I know, because I've run to the kitchen twice already to check.

Jenni said...

"Isn't that uber-organized woman with the dauntingly flawless scheduling skills who was supposed to have this job here yet?"

Sorry, Dy. You can't have her. She's due at my house first;oP