Friday, March 16

Tips from the shop

I slipped down to the basement last night to see how the garden beds were coming along. (They're coming along splendidly, by the way.) But what caught my attention was this:



The work we've done would have been a lot easier with all the proper equipment (in this case, say, a table saw), but we've mastered the fine art of jig making. Er, in all honesty, Zorak has mastered the art - I couldn't make a jig if you handed me shoes and played me an Irish tune. He laughs and shoves off my compliments, usually convinced I'm mocking him. But I'm not. To him, it's just a matter of looking around and spotting, with his CreativeEngineerVision, something that would do the trick.



I don't know about you, but I never would have looked at quick clamps, stud hangers, scrap wood and saw horses and thought, "Oh, a table saw!"

It's not pretty, at all, but it's allowed us to do a lot over the years that we just didn't have the equipment for. And that's a beautiful thing. I hope the boys get Zorak's creativity, among other qualities.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that some people can and some people can't. Geo is always wanting to buy things I think we could easily make or rig. He thinks I'm nuts. LOL But on the other hand he could fly a plane without a manual and I wouldn't touch it even with a pilot flying WITH me. LOL

Zorak = McGeyver (sp?)

Jess

Melora said...

What a clever fellow! Even With the proper equipment, I'm not handy, but Ed can usually manage something.
Are you building some sort of raised beds for the garden?

Rebel said...

"Rigging" is my husband's middle name.
Rebel

Jennie C. said...

I love a woman who truly admires her husband! In a world marriage and family have become disposable, it's a rare and beautiful thing.

momanna98 said...

Too bad we don't have clamps or horses. Instead we use plastic bins and my hands....