Thursday, March 29

Not At Bad As It Sounded

No, none of it is as bad as it sounded. I was tired, and rather than going to bed like a normal person might, I stayed up blogging and chatting wtih J and Dee. Actually, that was cathartic. I wish J and I still lived in the same town - she's a wonderful friend, and I miss her. I miss her wonderful children, her funny husband (Ok, he's Zorak-funny, so it's probably not always funny to *her*, but he makes me laugh), and I miss her sweet, gentle nature. And her snarky side. But mostly just - all of them.

We'll head in to town today to make a Costco run. Payday is the day *after* Pioneer Club, so once a month I have to make two runs into town, and that's... well, *whine*whine*whine*. (ahem) Not bad. Really. The boys are dying to take flowers to Me-Tae, and if I can get moving quickly enough, perhaps we can stop by the art museum or at least Big Spring park and enjoy a nice day out.

John has practice today (that's somewhat like saying, "we're going to be breathing today", or "we thought we'd eat today" - I'm really thankful the ball field is just a few miles down the road!) and it's *team pictures* day. He gets to wear his full uniform. Oh. My. Word. The ANTICIPATION! I just hope we can find the socks. Smidge had them on as gloves the other day, and we had a heck of a time trying to convince him they're off limits.

Need to come up with some crockpot recipes this week. Want to share your favorites?

Aunt B's friends' son and his family are moving to the area, and we hope to be able to feed them this weekend sometime. (That has nothing to do with crockpot recipes. We have our "feed company" menus ,and they're all about the process and the fun of preparing food for enjoyment. If you leave our house hungry, it's not our doing, know what I mean? The crockpot thing is for our practice nights that happen to fall on errand days.) Anyway, they're doing the whole hectic "find a house and move" process. We'd like to help make the transition more enjoyable if we can. And we look forward to meeting them. Good people.

OK, I've got some fun things to post, but the Small Ones seem to need a little direction, and they've come running to the tapping of the keyboard like cats to a can opener. So, I'm going to go enjoy my little kitten-y Small Ones and have a productive, wonderful day. Y'all do the same!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Laura said...

Here's my contribution to the ol' cookin' pot:

Santa Fe Chicken (from 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes: 200 Recipes for Memorable Meals)

Chicken breasts (we use frozen)
1 can Mexican corn
1 jar salsa

Cook until tender. We also add a can of black beans, and a can of sliced olives. Serve the whole she-bang with rice and fruit salad on the side and you are one happy family!

(That cookbook is one of my favorites!)

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, I've been whining this week about having to make 2 separate trips in to the clinic for doctor's appointments (Thursday and Friday) because I couldn't get them on the same day (grrr). And then today at Anna's well-baby appointment, the doctor said to come back in another week or so too! So another trip! That's what I get for complaining . . . : )

H said...

Crock Pot Recipes:

"I Hate to Cook" Stew:
Add all ingredients to taste, and to suit the size of your pot. In pot, mix: stew meat, potatoes (cut into smallish cubes), carrots, 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables, dash of salt and pepper, onions (or minced onions), 1 can tomato soup, and one can other liquid. (I use red wine)

Cook on low 8 hours, or High 4.5 hours.

Ribs:
Put country style ribs in the crock pot. Add onions. Pour a bottle of BBQ sauce over the top and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, broil the ribs for a couple of minutes.

Burgandy Pot Roast:
Put rost in the pot. Mix burgandy(1 c??) with a packet of onion soup mix. Pour over the roast. Cook on low 8 hours. (You can use the liquid later to make a gravy!)

Have fun! Baseball season here starts next month. :)

J-Lynn said...

OK I'm up reading feeling like a big fat failure so that really warmed my heart and made me smile (and tear up a bit). Thanks. I love you too. I can't wait to visit!

Anonymous said...

Why yes, I have a yummy one. :+)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/UndertheSky/125807/Great+Recipe.html is the link.

Warmly,
Kate