Tuesday, March 27

Is it really only 9:30?

I lured Zorak into proof-reading for me last night. It was painful, for both of us. But he's such a trooper, and I really appreciate him for going that extra ten thousand miles for me. Anyway, by the time all was said and done, we were too tired to gather the trash before bed. But our trash men are shockingly punctual, and when they recommend you have your trash out by six o'clock Tuesday morning, they mean it.

Of course, we live amongst the raccoons and stray dogs and other country varmints, so you can't just haul it to the road before bed. Well, you could... but, ew. (We know about the boxes. We'll make one. Eventually. The work on the property just hasn't radiated all the way out to the road yet.) So, we usually just gather it Monday night before bed and then Zorak trails it to the road as he leaves for work in the morning.

This morning, I got up and stumbled around gathering trash while he asked me questions, as if I were awake. "Have you seen my belt?" Honey, I love you, but I haven't seen anything other than the lower half of my right eyelid since I rolled out of bed. I'm gathering the trash on pure radar. Let's just pretend I'm not actually up, and go from there, shall we? (We did find another belt, though I have no clue, even now, with three cups of coffee under me, where his usual one went. I probably did it, but I don't know what I did. Or where.)

I stumbled back toward the hallway, bounced off the arm of the couch (that's my radar at work), and heard a giggle. Huh? James was up already. Smidge was up already. Look at them, there, all curled up and chipper.

Do y'all know it's still dark out?

...You do?

...And that doesn't mean anything to you?

Oh... I'm not going back to bed, am I?

And so, we've gone non-stop since whenever that was. I thought for sure it was time for lunch and a nap, only to check the time and see that it's only 9:30. Theoretically, we should be quite productive today. ;-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh man! I feel your pain. The vans battery died and I had to drag the kids out of bed at 1am until after 2 to get DH. They stayed awake mostly. We thought, SURELY they'll sleep in today. Yeah, right. THey woke us up before 10 and I'm sure they wont' be in the best of moods today.

Prayers we both make it with Grace today...lol

Needleroozer said...

I can identify with you this morning, though I actually got a nap. I had to have the FYM to school by 7, and was up way earlier than that, sending my man off for a three day trip. I got home about 8 am, and the Girl and I crawled back into my bed and snoozed till 10. THen she practiced piano, and I snoozed some more till she was done. So much for rise and shine and be productive, hmm?

Anyhow, I posted today, and will do my darndest to keep it up.
Love you,
LB

Melora said...

Ouch! That is brutal.
I miss our trash men, but I do remember to pain of hearing their truck rumble by and realizing we hadn't gotten the trash out in time.

Emily said...

Isn't it amazing how children really have no concept of time?? No matter how late Walker stays up, he will be up at 7:00 at our bed side saying "Mom, I still hungry. I need some food."
He is our rooster.

Hope you get some good sleep tonight :)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Out of four children, I only have one (Jared) who is like me in the mornings. We both just want to lay back down and cover our heads for "just 10 more minutes." But the other three boys generally sit straight up, smiling and ready to GO. And they are little creatures of HABIT who get up at 7:30am even when their mama was dumb enough to stay up 'til 1:30am reading Dy's blog. Morning is going to SUCK. :}

Jennie C. said...

I love you in the morning. Thanksfor the giggle!

Melora said...

Oh. And I meant to ask, What did Zorak proof read for you? Are you working on a book?

Becca said...

I can never manage to beat my children up in the mornings. Ummm, that sounded really bad. I mean, wake up before them!!

They seem to have some sort of Mommy radar that pulls them from their nests seconds after I get up, no matter the ungodliness of the hour. So I've given up! Now I get up when they do!