Thursday, March 15

A Box!

Today was slightly chilly and rainy. Ball practice was cancelled. We did groceries, paid the electric bill, and got gas. Then we just came home and piddled about the house.

But then, the Big Brown Truck pulled up, and we got a box - a goody box from New Mexico. Aunt B, Gram, and Aunt Sally sent the kids all sorts of neat goodies: a beautiful afghan, delightful books, snacks, and a box for baby girl. Well, what better things to have on hand for just such a day as today?


We didn't move from this very spot until it was suppertime. :-)

Oh, and there was a box of beautiful chocolates that included a map, so there are no surprises when you bite into something! I would have posted a picture of that, too, but, well, I've hidden it. :-D

Thank you, guys!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh how sweet - they look SO happy! And Ems face is cracking me up - I think the babies are going to have a BALL together! (or a brawl - haha)

Heidicrafts said...

I'm pleased that the Ides of March were such a blessing for you.

Bob and Claire said...

Wow, a rainy day package! What great timing! And with chocolate . . . That afghan reminds me SO much of ones my grandma used to make for us. Thanks for the good memories on this rainy day!

Laura said...

What a great surprise for a "regular" day! Don't you love it that your children are able to see a package from UPS (or the mail) as an exciting blessing? The picture speaks a thousand words!

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.goodness. You are a hoot! You can see the humor in any situation. That is a gift from God! :)
It was so nice of your relatives to send that lovely box for the baby. How thoughtful. (The stuff inside seems nice, too, but nearly as fun!)
Sorry, but the Bad Mother of the Week award usually comes to my house. Pretty soon they're going to re-name it after me! Might have something to do with the 11 month-old protesting from his high chair that he's been deserted again!:)
Thanks for the quote from Twain. I've been wanting to read that book for a long time. Might have to dig that out...
Off to rescue a baby.
Anne