Saturday, March 17

The End of the Day

Zorak is in the groove. He's brainstorming. He's sketching. He's on fire! The man's brilliance is showing, and he's throwing ideas out there the way some people throw, oh, I don't know, spit balls. It's impressive. But, you know, I'm really tired. I mean, really tired. As in, I would die an early, and probably whiny death as a depression era farm wife, tired.

I'm trying to hang, but have this internal running monologue:

I wonder if he will give me a foot rub? Ugh, my stomach hurts... I wonder if a foot rub would help? It couldn't hurt to ask. What's he talking about? Beams? Beams. Huh. That makes my feet hurt.

Then he asks me what I think.

I... uh... what was that, again?

He probably thinks I've become daft. I may have. But man, oh, man, am I tired. It's a good tired.

Maybe he'll give me a foot rub if I can come up with just one really good idea...

Dy

4 comments:

Staci Eastin said...

"I would die an early, and probably whiny death as a depression era farm wife"

Me too.

I wrote about a similar subject on my blog today, talking about my grandmothers, who WERE depression era farm wives.

Melora said...

I wouldn't have that problem, because any farmer worth his salt would have sized me up and realized I'd be utterly worthless as a farmwife and not married me. I think Zorak should be (and I'm sure Is) thrilled to have a wife who is so appreciative of his brilliance, and I'll bet you could listen to his plans and ideas even Better if you were having your feet rubbed while you were listening!

J-Lynn said...

Hmmmm is there a such thing as balance? I don't know! lol

I'd love a foot rub. Or more than a 5 second shoulder rub. lol

Maybe when I come visit we could enlist the kids in a shoulder rubbing chain. LOL I 'aint touching your feet though - I hate feet. LOL

melissa said...

I love this post! You crack me up!
And girl, you work circles around most people......you SHOULD be tired!

My in-laws are here.......and you don't wanna know about the monologue going on in my head!! At least at this point, it's still just in my head. LOL!!