Friday, December 8

Mama 'Fore She Was Mama

I heard a song on the radio today that had me laughing from my toes. I think it's by Clay Walker. Two young boys, playing hide 'n seek, find a box of photographs and other momentos from their mother's days, BC. It's quite a shock for two curious little boys, but one of the sweetest lines in the song says,
We laugh and hang it over her head,
Right above her halo

I love that. How sweet that it doesn't matter what we were, 'fore we were mamas. We're mamas now, and we're loved. No?

Oh, and if anybody wants to "Holiday Up" your muffin recipes - try substituting the milk with egg nog, and add 1/4tsp pumpkin pie spice. Oh. Yeah. Good stuff.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or add craisins to your healthy pumpkin muffins - all of a sudden they taste like Christmas food, only they're still good for you!

Needleroozer said...

Hey lady,
I'd love to call you today, but we are all four of us out of the house the entire day.
Wish luck to the Boy, he has a tournament today.
And, I took a few minutes to blog, so there! ;-)
Hugs,
LB, whom no one would believe was a wild and leather-loving motorcycle groupie chick before she was a chubby mama.

Anonymous said...

Heh. Ernie found that song recently and played it for me. It's cute. :)

Of course, *I* have always been a sober, upstanding member of the community, so it doesn't apply to me. :D Now if you'll excuse me, I just remembered some pictures I need to destroy...