Monday, December 18

Better Christmas Pictures

Zorak and I aren't in them, but really, we're not who the family wants to see. After a certain point, any changes that happen from year to year aren't the ones you want to point out, anyway. A friend mentioned that she gave up (a long time ago) trying to get all four children looking happily in the same direction. Her Christmas card came in the mail last week. And it's gorgeous. *sigh*

There was no clear consensus on the family photo. Obviously, the options didn't inspire us horribly, either. So today the kids and I took a break from baking and candy making and sprawled out in front of the tree with the camera. Turned out better, I think. This is much more how they look to us every day.









And in the "just for fun" category...

I can't believe I caught him mid-laugh without the camera doing that blurry, flared nostril thing.


I'm so sad that this one is fuzzy. But I love it, anyway.


That smile? He saves the best ones for Baby Girl. Ah. It's love.


Yep, that's Baby Girl: usually dirty and kind of sticky, but very happy. It's all good. (One of the boys had given her a lollipop and I didn't notice the fleece stuck to her fingers until the photos were uploaded.)


Ah. That feels better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

13 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh Dy James looks SOOOOO much like you!!!

They are all beautiful, I love all of these shots! And you know I can photoshop the lollipop ick off if you need me too.

Hugs,
Jess

Bob and Claire said...

Oh, I love all those pictures, Dy! Too cute! But I also really liked the ones of your whole family--I would have been happy with any of your options! Ours is just "okay" this year, although it does include us all. Last year we just had one of the boys (an absolutely adorable one that I still love), and quite a few people on our list later told us that they wished it was a picture of all of us! But don't they see--I can't GET a good picture of the boys if I am not outside of the picture waving wildly and getting hands out of people's mouths (their own or their brother's)! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful pictures! Your children are just lovely, Dy. :+)

Thanks for sharing!

Warmly,
Kate

H said...

Oh! Those ARE better! The others weren't bad at all, but rather.... typical, I guess. These seem to capture your beautiful children's personalities! Just adorable!

One year, Marc and I took the boys to the airport and piled into one of those photo booths. We took several shots ("Look happy everyone! OK, now look goofy! OK, now look normal!" etc.) We made a collage of those for the card cover. Easy, cheap, and quick. The collage looked cute too!

Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

Great "slice of life" pictures - so what will you use? I haven't taken any of my children yet :(

Anonymous said...

I still like your family pictures, but these pictures turned out great! Your kids are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, they're sweet! All four of them are just beautiful kids. Pictures like these must just fill you up whenever you look at them.

Marla said...

DY!!!!
Yeah, I was off the blog for awhile - one of those lulls when I just didn't feel like writing.... (I think I was pregnant?!) Now that there's a baby running around the house I'm not exactly a regular blogger, nor a regular reader of other blogs, but I try.... You understand, since you're in the same boat! I love the pictures of your darlings - what fun it is to have a girl after the boys, isn't it? We are having a ball!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures! What great smiles your children have -- they are look really happy, and happy to be together.

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are great, Dy. :) They're so cute.

Anonymous said...

I can only echo what everyone else has already said-- such great pictures of such beautiful children!! (That baby girl has a smile that'll knock your socks off!)

You are a lucky family!

Anonymous said...

They are full of smiles and all look very happy :)

Amber said...

What lovely pictures!! You have such beautiful children. You can just see their warmth and happiness radiating through the computer screen!