Tuesday, October 31

And a gooooood morning!

Well, my monthly goals are shot. Today is the last day, and if it weren't for that pesky holiday thing, I could possibly pull it off. But as it stands, I have small children who awoke this morning, asking if they could don their costumes right away. Er, no. You have two full meals to get through first. I'm pretty sure Bob the Builder isn't coated in oat crust by noon. Let's hold off a bit.

We did get many boxes of clothes sorted, washed and packed up for shipping. Now to get them out before postal rates go up again! (Which is, honestly, a whole new goal of itself.) The boys were a great help, sacrificing their room for the staging area, and playing with Miss Emily the Destructor while Smidge and I moved loads. It's so funny to see them excited about doing wash. Sort of like there's something wrong with their wiring. But you know, I'll take that. Help and happiness are just that, and not to be turned away, no matter how weird their forms.

Wish I had a clue what today's plan is, but I don't. Zorak is helping his brother with some science project, and so he's had the computer at night. The organizational portion of my brain can only be accessed when the full moon reaches it's zenith and the wolves howl on the... no, wait. Well, whatever it is, that part cannot be accessed in the light of day. So here I sit, with paint cans around me, kids eating oatmeal, cursing this early morning sunlight and wondering why we can't remember to get curtain rods while we're out. (For clarity's sake: I'm the one cursing the sunlight. The oatmeal eating children are stunningly chipper at the moment.) I know I ought to have a plan, but for the life of me, I can't get one to come together.

Well, it's probably not going to come to me, sitting here writing. Guess I'll go do the next thing and perhaps it'll all come together, no?

Have a wonderful day, and Happy Halloween!

Kiss those ghouls!
~Dy

2 comments:

ang said...

Happy Haloeen dy and family! By the way the kids looked great in their costumes! Hope you take a pic of the little lady bug :) I bet she is adorable!

Delaina said...

I enjoyed the pictures and boy, are they growing up so fast. Good luck on getting the clothes out before postal rates go up ;). We've been cleaning out old clothes and toys for about 3 weeks now. Why is it the baby stuff I find harder to part with? Wishful thinking maybe. Or, it could just be that the clothes or toys bring back memories of a day, not too long ago, when I had little baby sprites. Oh, how quickly they do grow.

Anyway, I hope all is well and you're enjoying the weather.

Delaina

P.S. Don't kill over because I posted. I'm so bad about keeping up with blogs.