Thursday, October 26

TLM - 11:35PM

DENIED!!

Man, betrayed by the technology my grandmother adored. It's a decaying process. Her daughter could not use the things, and I, evidently emit some sort of magnetic pulse that causes metal to lock up. (And yes, it's been oiled. Honest.) So, the serger is dead. The sewing machine has no cord. Not sure which of us thought it would be wise to pack a sewing machine separately from its cord, but there ya have it.

Jess thinks I'm insane. She's nice about it, but I know she does. ;-) It's not so much the thrill of it that I love. Not a big thrill-seeker. It's the idea of doing things (making costumes, decorating BEFORE Christmas Eve, buying Easter baskets and actually having time enough left that they need to be stashed away) that I love. The thought that sustains me all year long is that "next year I'll do better". But while I'm wistfully dreaming of "next year" and how wonderful it'll be and how together I'll be, "next year" sneaks up behind me and plants its foot in my, um, plans. Every time.

That's it. I'm buying Christmas presents online on Monday.

And now, I'm going to scroll through the yellow pages and line up possibilities. Perhaps somebody will take my serger in tomorrow morning and I can still make the 5PM party? Then I'm making a fresh pot of coffee and staring into space, darnit.

Ah, well, there's always tomorrow!
Dy

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I actually bought a few gifts already. And their wish lists are up for the family that asks for them. ANd it's not evne November yet! It's such a foreign feeling, but a good one! I think it's peace and calm. I'm not used to it.

HUGS, hope you get it all sorted out soon. I know you will!

Dy said...

Oh, that's good - because when you're done, I'm giving you my debit card number and the boys' wish lists. Maybe my wish list, too. Surprise me! ;-)

Ok, I'm really going to bed.
Dy

Sheila said...

I'm lucky this year.
Kid #1 wants to be Darth Vader (recycled from last year)
Kid #1 wants to be a clone trooper (found at Wal*Mart for $13.)
Kid #3 wants to be a vampire. (Clothes we own, vamp teeth, and a cape for $4.)
Kid #4 wants to be a Black Eyed Pea. (White shirt with a "P" on it, makeup from Kid #3 vampire kit.)
Next year he plans to be "the Dead Sea."

I'm not sewing a single thing this year but I was required to decorate like crazy.

Brandie said...

Oh my goodness!! I've been there before ... doing the last minute thing ... this year I vowed to do better - yet, the costumes were finished with one day to spare (but hey, that's improvement, they were finished LOL!) and not a thing for Christmas yet, even though I vowed to start making things early in the year to, you know, get a jump start! Ummm .. yeah, probably I should just start shopping for everyone and avoid trying to make anything, unless of course I don't feel like sleeping at all the week prior to Christmas.

Good luck - praying for a miracle for you today by 5 pm!