Thursday, October 19

Autumn Recipe Tag

Mere, who regularly makes me smile, makes me think, keeps me alternately laughing so hard I cry, and standing in awe of her creativity (and motivation - definitely the motivation part), and is generally just thoroughly enjoyable to read, posted one of her favorite fall recipes when she heard rumors of autumnal weather reaching her neck of the woods. They are now well-fed, and shedding sweaters by ten AM. (Never listen to rumors spread by weathermen!)

Hmmm, let's tag everybody and put together the most delicious Autumn Recipe Collection!

Andie has inadvertently started the ball rolling with her Royal Thanksgiving Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Fit For a Queen.

It doesn't take much - just one recipe. One thin index card. Go on, try it. Post your favorite autumn recipe here, or post it on your blog and let us know here so we can all feast in the fall!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

(I'll figure out what to add later today. Right now I've got to go look productive.)

8 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I will figure out a recipe to add later. Just wanted to tell you I haven't checked in lately bacause I have laryngitis. I am now tucked into bed with hot tea and a pile of quilting mags.
Hugs,
LB

Meliss said...

Hi Dy!

Great idea! Here is our favorite fall soup, Butternut Bisque, which I posted on my blog last year: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Melkhi/38697/
The soup is the second recipe down on that page. I always double it and my boys love it.

mere said...

I'll post my all time favorite recipe on my blog after the kids are in bed...it's sort of long...but so worth it! Thanks Dy!

Have a great day!

mere

Anonymous said...

How'd the field trip work out? Hope you made it!

I've been in baking mode since we had those three nights of frost last week. I made two loaves of pumpkin bread today. Oh, I love fall.

J-Lynn said...

Well, I have 2 sorts of recipes. Winter (heavy like stews & sauces) and BBQ...LOL

Amy said...

I played - my recipes for Eastern NC pulled POrk BBQ (Crockpot) and Brunswick Stew on on my blog - www.mudpiesandpaint.blogspot.com

Very neat idea. can't wait to read others!

Amy in Apex

Anonymous said...

Dy - don't know if you live close to Cullman AL but there is the Peinhardt Farm Day Saturday from 9-3. It's pre-electric rural Alabama farm life, milking, plowing, mending, etc. lots of animals. Website is www.peinhardtfarm.org or phone 256-734-0850.

Hope that helps with the missed farm day - Monica in AL

Bob and Claire said...

Okay, I posted my Grandma's recipe for ginger snaps--perfect with apple cider or hot tea! My blog is www.psalm127.blogspot.com. Pumpkin bread sounds good too. Maybe tomorrow will be a baking day!