Tuesday, October 24

A meme?

I always think about doing these, but never get around to doing them. But then Becca tagged me, officially, so I thought I'd give it a try. This is a "Ten Random Facts About Me" meme. Are these supposed to be little known things? Or do we shoot for weird things? Or is it just truly random? Ok, ok, I've got the first one:

1. I draw a total blank when asked a relatively vague question.

So here goes. 10 9 Random thoughts about me...

2. Zorak kicks my butt at "Name that Band" - every time. I have some kind of musical turret's that causes me to shout "Bob Seger" at the most inappropriate moments.

3. I didn't learn to dance until I was 22.

4. I studied Italian for two years, in the hope I would one day be called to serve as a missionary in Italy. (Yeah, I know, that's an odd way to go about it. I was twelve. That's about all I can say on that one.)

5. Up until about six months after I'd met Zorak, neither marriage nor motherhood was on my radar. At all. Ever.

6. I can wrestle a stud wall into place, rebuild an engine, and sew a straight line, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to fix for lunch!

7. Although I'm not a fan of some of the technology available, I must admit that I got a little thrill in my knees when I saw the new commercial for a vehicle that will parallel park for you.

8. I used to train to be a powerlifter. (Laney, shush!)

9. I've never smoked pot or taken any illegal narcotic substance.

10. Coffee. Good thing it's legal, right?

Ok, that fruffnsnuffn dagburned dryer buzzer just woke the baby. I tag anyone who hasn't done this yet, but thinks it look like fun! I'll catch y'all later.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

Becca said...

It parallel parks for you??? No way. If I lived in a city, that would so be on my wish list. My husband can parallel park anything, but me--not so much.

And ditto on #2 and #9, but definitely not #8!

Dy said...

LOL! I know! I always joked (partially) that I left Pittsburgh b/c I couldn't parallel park. This opens whole new places for us! LOL.

Dy

Anonymous said...

Dy-
I am with you on #10. Last night Chris and CJ were watching TV and laughing at the very commercial you mention. I was thinking why didn't they have that when I took driver's ed? I received a D, and I have never parallel parked since(25 years)!

Lisa

melissa said...

O.k, quick. What was your max deadlift? Bench?

My GOODNESS, there are a lot of layers to you!

#2 Cracks me up! "turret's"! (snort!)

You are such a funny girl!

Dy said...

Melissa, it was when I was very young. :-) My Max bench was 160# - that was my sophomore year in high school. After that, I got into naturopathic medicine and realized it's not such a good idea for young people to do that much lifting. Now, I'd be lucky to get the bar up! ROFL.

Rochelle, thank you for commenting. I am so glad to have found your blog, and will be keeping you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers as your journey unfolds. You've got some great adventures ahead of you!

Lisa, I feel your pain. I'll walk a long, long way rather than attempt to parallel park.

Dy

Emily said...

I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF #7!!

If you only knew how many times I have simply driven away, my head hung in shame, due to my lack of parking skills.

And...seriously...power lifitng??? BWAHAHAHA!! The picture I have in my head!!

Me too on #5 :)

Anonymous said...

You're quite the chick, Dy! All I have to say is you go girl. Wish I could bench... well...anything. And rebuild an engine, well let's just say I'm mechanically challenged. But give me a car, my Tahoe, whatever, and I can parallel park it. Okay, maybe not a Dussenhaf (sp?).
This sounds like fun, perhaps I'll do it on my blog a little later today.

-dawn

Anonymous said...

I totally jinxed myself, silly me. I went and tried to parallel park the 'hoe today, and I went and screwed it up, and it went from being a 3 point park, to about 8 back and forth motions and hitting the curb a few times. Ugh! I'm such a dork!

-dawn

Thom said...

ROFL, on #2! And all I can say about #6 is, you GO girl! The fear of parallel parking is apparently much more prevalent than I had suspected. Thank goodness I'm not alone! Do you have a link to this amazing new vehicle? LOL!