Sunday, October 15

10:57:46

Had to mark the time, as this was a long one. I'm now officially no longer "at work", per se, just on-call. There's still the wash to finish up, the kitchen to tidy, and some planning to do, but the children are, finally, all down.

(And then, at 11:54, I was called back on duty and didn't get to finish the post - it's now Sunday and here we are...)

Today Yesterday, we didn't do much of anything, really. It was one of those deeply normal days that might cause me some blogging angst, but in reality, soothe the soul and uplift the spirit. I actually uttered a sigh of exhaustion, er, relief at the end of it all. It was nice. We hung out, watching cartoons, eating cold cereal, playing with the dog. We made Smidge put on a shirt because just looking at him made the rest of us cold. We ran errands: Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart. We looked at flooring. We got updated quotes on the Swiss Army Cabinet. We stopped at our favorite buffet and ate until we couldn't move.

The big news: we picked up a dishwasher. In-stock. On sale. Happy day. Zorak is installing it as I type, but has not-so-subtly requested that I not take photos and blog it.

The bad news: I've got to call Sears on Monday because our washing machine seems to have work ethic issues. I'm not expecting it to do 16 pairs of jeans, or a king size comforter. I'd be happy if it would spin out one queen sheet (not the set, just one. sheet. which it won't do, as I learned during last week's bedding exchange marathon), or even two pairs of jeans. But no. Not gonna spin the water out, not for a million bucks. Well, no, I'm sure if I stuck a million bucks in there, it'd work just fine and probably catch all of it in the handy-dandy filter which I cannot access. But since it's still under warranty, I refuse to knock off a bank to get my washer to spin. So, we'll call in Mr. Repair Man and see if he can convince it to pull its fair share around here. I'm tired of hand-wringing the wash before putting it in the dryer. I'm going to ask him to neuter the buzzer while he's in there, too.

This morning, I saw that Miss Andie has pulled it off - a Thomas cake for the little guy's birthday!! It's gorgeous! WOOHOO! Way to go! Head on over, check it out, and give wee Leo some big birthday greetings.

And now, I've got a kitchen to put back together, and all that laundry and planning I was going to do last night. My mother would not believe I'm doing this and loving it.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

ang said...

Yaaaa I am so glad you have a new dishwasher! Hope your washing machine situation gets fixed fast!

melissa said...

I take my hat off to Zorak, who, sensing a "snap" coming on....got that dishwasher AND got right on installing it. A dishwasher and a washer out of order at the same time???? sheesh. You guys have got it goin' on!

Anonymous said...

Here's how I'm dealing with my spinner problem: First, I reset the washer to spin after the load is done, I smell that burning rubber smell and I look to see that the clothes are soaking wet. Then I take a pencil and push down the trigger that the door usually holds down while the washer is usually spinning. Then, I pull out the knob to start the washer and give the agitater a counter-clockwise haul to jump-start it. It starts spinning, then I count to three, lower the door, and pull out the pencil, quick! That gets me by for a couple or three loads, then I have to do the whole thing over again.

Oh, I almost forgot the dance and the sacrifice of a small rodent. Just kidding! Hope it might possibly be of some help!