Thursday, October 26

TLM - 8:38PM

Since last I posted...

I couldn't find my pins, so I stapled the soon-to-be-vest in order to size it. I'm sure it will turn out okay, but I can't say I'd recommend this as a "crafty alternative in a pinch". Just don't do it. The older kids think it's weird, and the younger ones get ideas. Bad, bad ideas.

The vest is ready for sewing.

The stapler is way up high.

Looked for the machines again. Got creeped out after ten minutes and came back upstairs.

Zorak got home. We all pounced on him with our glee and delight. He gave me one of those, "Have you been drinking?" looks. Hmpf. Back down to the basement.

WE FOUND THE MACHINES!!!

Why is my sewing machine missing the foot pedal?

Oh well. So, um, that all took place about an hour ago. Since then I've been battling the serger. I'm losing.

John's walking around in a pair of jeans and a dangly clip-on earring... I think he's a bit anxious.

Dy

2 comments:

melissa said...

Well, I'm glad to see SOMEONE's been up to something constructive! For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with stapling, and I believe it was pure genius that inspired the fusible webbing. I mean ...you just IRON it!!!

mere said...

I'm giggling with you, not at you.
Yes, staples will do in a pinch. Did any of your boys volunteer to step on the machine pedal for you? Mine have (volunteered, that is)

Not to add any pressure, but I, for one, would like to see pictures.

Have fun!